To assist international students in their academic, Samford University is offering its Undergraduate Scholarships. The scholarships program is conducted for the year 2021-2022 for applicants entering the students for any undergraduate degree program.
Samford University arranged the awards for students who are in search of financial aids to complete their degrees. The scholarship holder will be able to utilize the amount for any of their expenses related to education.
Samford University is known as a private Christian university in Homewood, Alabama. The university enrols 5,729 students from 47 states and 30 countries. Samford, a Christian university, offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs, with 170 undergraduate majors, minors and concentrations. The university is divided into the School of the Arts, Howard College of Arts and Sciences, Brock School of Business, Beeson Divinity School, Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education, Cumberland School of Law, Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, School of Health Professions and School of Public Health.
The fellows must meet up with the mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to undergraduate students who have distinguished records of achievement and seeking to impact their community.
- Samford merit awards are conducted to recognize high achievement in academics, service or community engagement.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarship is available for studying an undergraduate degree program in the mentioned fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Samford University?
Samford is known as a leading Christian university providing undergraduate programs grounded within the liberal arts with an array of nationally recognized graduate and professional schools: arts, arts and sciences, business, divinity, education, health professions, law, nursing, pharmacy and public health.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- All freshman merit awards are guaranteed for four or eight semesters, given specified expectations in the scholarship descriptions are maintained.
- Transfer scholarships are provided per semester for the expected number of semesters to obtain a Samford undergraduate degree.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, fellows are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To apply for scholarships, students must have an online Samford account. If students have started their Samford/Common App admission application, they can apply for scholarships using the same login information. If students haven’t created an admission application, please log in as a new user by the given link below.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellows must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Applicants require excellent grades in high school to get into Samford University.
- The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at Samford University was 3.68 on the 4.0 scale, indicating that primarily B+ students are accepted and ultimately attend.
To enter the United States as a J-1 visitor, students will need a DS-2019 issued by Samford University as well as a valid J-1 visa stamp in your passport. The Pre-Arrival Information sheet outlines some steps you should take to ensure a triumphant arrival, including important dates, housing plans, health forms, etc. International students must maintain health insurance coverage while enrolled at Samford University by purchasing the Samford student insurance plan unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 205-726-2011
University location: 800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, AL 35229, United States