Writing Competitions is a way to inspire writers from all around the world to showcase their creative and critical thinking skills. So, if you are a talented essay writer or want to polish your skills, then take advantage of this unique essay Rubincam Youth Writing Competition designed by the National Genealogical Society.
This Competition supports and recognizes youth as the next generation of family historians. National Genealogical Society aims to establish new trails itself over the years as a leader in genealogical education with its conferences, seminars, and workshops, research tours, books, magazines, and journals.
So, let’s get started! Don’t waste your precious time and participate in this contest as soon as possible. Wish you all the very best!!
To be eligible for this writing competition, the candidates must follow the given criteria:
- Young people worldwide are eligible to apply.
- NGS membership is not required.
- Students must apply under the appropriate age/grade award.
- The awards may be given annually to a student in either one or two age categories for an appropriately prepared genealogy.
High school students in grades 9–12 at the time of submission.
Applicants must between the ages of 16 to 18.
- Junior Category:
Middle school students in grades 6–8 at the time of submission.
Applicants must between the ages of 13 to 15.
- The detail submission requirements for both the senior
and the junior categories of this Competition described below in a given link.
Senior Submission Requirements
Junior Submission Requirements
- Candidates can apply for this contest via email.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Must be original unpublished work.
- Become property of NGS and will not be returned.
- Are not eligible for later resubmission.
- Will not be returned if incomplete.
- Senior category: The award winner receives a $500 cash prize, a plaque, and a one-year NGS membership (non-print).
- Junior Category: The award winner receives a $250 cash prize, a plaque, and a one-year NGS membership (non-print).
Application Deadline: The deadline for submissions is 15 December, annually.