The University of London is offering 20 full-time, three-year doctoral studentships for 2021/22 entry. Applications are invited from exceptional UK, European and International students wishing to pursue cutting-edge research.
|Scholarship Sponsor||University of London|
|Scholarships level||PhD studentship|
|Fellowship Period||Three years|
|Study area||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Opening date||February 02 2021|
|Closing date||April 30 2021|
The School is investing in academic excellence following its success in the REF 2014, which highlighted the world-class quality of its research
What is Offered
A doctoral studentship will provide:
• An annual bursary (£16,000 in 2021/22)
• Full tuition fee for home. Applications from international applicants are welcome, but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the global and home tuition fee.
The deadline for applications is April 30 2021
The studentships will be awarded based on outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge research. Prospective applicants must:
- Hold a good honours degree (usually no less than a second class honours degree or an equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject. Exceptionally, if the first degree is in a different subject area, we can consider applications from those with a good Master’s Degree in a relevant subject or extensive professional experience in the area of their proposed research;
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of oral and written English;
- Applicants whose mother tongue is not English must meet any one or a combination of the following:
- A minimum IELTS average score of 6.5; with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components
- The award of a Masters’ degree, the teaching of English from an English Speaking country
Applications are welcome from individuals wishing to pursue research in any of the departments listed below. You are strongly encouraged to discuss your application in advance with a potential supervisor in the School. Please visit the research degrees web pages below for further information.
The online application can be found in the How to apply section on each of the web links listed above and should include the following supporting documents:
- Research proposal. Guidance on how to write a research proposal can be found here https://www.city.ac.uk/mathematics-computer-science-engineering/preparing-your-research-proposal
- Copies of Degree Certificates and Transcripts in official English translation – original will be requested before an offer is made.
- Official work e-mail addresses (not private ones) for two referees (one of which must be an academic).
- Proof of English Language proficiency (minimum average score of 6.5 IELTS, with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components) if English is not your first language.