The Department of Economics KU Leuven is recruiting motivated students to start in its doctoral program leading to a PhD in Economics. This vacancy target students completed a research master in economics or a closely related field (e.g. finance, econometrics) by September 2021.
The selected candidates will immediately start in the doctoral program for the academic session 2021-2022.
|Scholarship Sponsor||University in Leuven|
|Scholarships level||PhD Position|
|Award Amount||€2,050 per month|
|Fellowship Period||Four Years|
|Opening date||February 19, 2021|
|Closing date||Apri 30, 2021|
You will join a dynamic and internationally oriented research environment currently counting 23 permanent faculty members organized in four highly active research groups: • Macroeconomics & Public Policy • International & Development Economics • Public & Labor Economics • Industrial Organization The Department of Economics is located at the Leuven campus of the Faculty of Economics and Business. Leuven is a historical town, but also a dynamic and vibrant city in the centre of Belgium. It lies within a twenty-minute drive from Brussels, the capital of Belgium and the European Union, and less than two hours from Paris, London and Amsterdam.
The deadline for applications is April 30, 2021
Our internationally renowned doctoral program in economics is an individualized PhD training that usually consists of four years of full-time study.
It eventually leads to a PhD degree and prepares the student for an academic career or a career as a researcher in a policy institution.
Check http://feb.kuleuven.be/phd-economics for detailed information on the program, including admission and graduation requirements.
If you still need to complete a research master, we invite you to apply for the Master of Advanced Studies in Economics (MASE) at KU Leuven and to apply for a PhD position in our department subsequently. We offer a few MASE fellowships to the most promising applications, and you can contact faculty members in your field of interest to discuss your application. At http://feb.kuleuven.be/mase you find more information about the MASE program and application instructions.
- The successful applicants will be offered a fully-funded place in the doctoral program.
- The academic year starts on September 27, 2021, but there is some flexibility to start earlier if preferred.
- The position is for up to 4 years, with an annual review of research progress and performance.
- As a doctoral student, you will receive a stipend of at least €2,050 per month (net of taxes) with full health insurance.
- Over these four years, you will conduct independent research under the supervision of one or more faculty members of your research group.
- The topic(s) will be determined in collaboration with your supervisors.
- Your application package should contain the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement (make sure to indicate your preferred research group)
- Transcript of all university grades
- (recommended) GRE or GMAT test score and/or proof of English proficiency such as TOEFL or IELTS test scores (optional) Writing sample, e.g. MA thesis
- (optional) Reference letters can be addressed to [email protected] by your referees
If you have questions regarding the application or the PhD position itself, please contact Andras Avonts ([email protected]). We will be in touch with candidates of interest by the end of May.