Purdue University is offering you a free online course named as Persuasive Communication: What Makes Messages Persuasive. In this course you will discover the processes strategic communication professionals in fields such as public relations, marketing and advertising use to develop persuasive communication. More importantly you will learn strategies for evaluating your own organization’s efforts at developing more persuasive messaging strategies. This course will start on July 24, 2017.
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Commitment: 2 hours per week
- Subject: Communication
- Institution: Purdue University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on 24 July
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Purdue University is a public research university located in West Lafayette, Indiana and is the main campus of the Purdue University system. The main campus in West Lafayette offers more than 200 majors for undergraduates, over 70 master’s and doctoral programs, and professional degrees in pharmacy and veterinary medicine.
- Mission of University: The mission of Purdue University is to serve the citizens of Indiana, the United States, and the world through discovery that expands the realm of knowledge, learning through dissemination and preservation of knowledge, and engagement through the exchange of knowledge.
The course is ideal for anyone considering the postgraduate studies, such as Purdue’s three-course online Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication Management or ten-course online Master of Science in Communication.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Persuasion attempts to influence people’s beliefs, attitudes, intentions, motivations, or behaviors in relation to an event, idea, object, or another person(s).Persuasive communication achieves five things: stimulation, convincing, call to action, increasing consideration, and tolerance for alternative perspectives.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers:
- Community manager
- Communications Manager
- Network & Communications
- Assistant Manager – Communications
Get Extra Benefits
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $79 you’ll get:
- Unlimited Access: Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course. If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn
- Take the course at your own pace
- Refer to the material at any point in future
- A Certificate of Achievement: Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course. To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete
- Prove your success when applying for jobs or course
- Celebrate your hard work
- Display on your Linkedin or CV
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag #FLpersuasivecommto join and contribute to social media conversations about this course
Topics you will cover:
- What is strategic communication
- What are “persuasive campaigns” and “persuasive messages.”
- Tailoring messages to specific audiences
- Message factors that impact message persuasiveness
- How media choice impacts persuasiveness
- Assessing and evaluating message effectiveness.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to learn:
- Describe the key elements of a persuasive message
- Identify audience characteristics that need to be taken into account in persuasive message design
- Evaluate message strategies that are most likely to be persuasive in a given situation
- Identify media that will maximize message effectiveness
- Develop strategies for measuring campaign and messaging success
Who Will You Learn With
- Bart Collins: Bart Collins is a faculty member in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University. He studies persuasion and directs the School’s Online Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication.
You can read these books:
- The Art of Communicating by – Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Power of Communication: Skills to Build Trust, Inspire Loyalty, and Lead Effectively by – Helio Fred Garcia
- Importance of Course: You will understand what makes message persuasive and learn how to develop more persuasive messaging for PR, marketing and advertising.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: