The University of Otago is providing Master’s Scholarship for International Students to study in New Zealand. Up to eight scholarships are available for the academic year 2020-2021.
The University offers these grants for studying the postgraduate degree by research at Otago. The studentships are open for both New Zealand and international students.
University of Otago
The University of Otago is a collegiate university. It is divided into four academic divisions. It is known for its vibrant student life, particularly the flatting, which is often found in old houses. The University of Otago was the first University in New Zealand to have a QS Top 10 exam, being ranked 8th in Dentistry.
To be considered for this educational award, seekers are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applications are open to both domestic and international students.
- Candidates must be intending to enrol full-time in the first year of a coursework master’s degree which does not include a thesis option.
- The applicant must be electing to choose the research report or dissertation option in a master’s degree, which also allows a thesis option.
- Applicants who have previously completed a coursework Master’s degree at the University of Otago will not usually be eligible for award of the Scholarship.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the postgraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Art, design & architecture
- Humanities & social sciences
- Information technology
- Medicine, nursing & health sciences
- Pharmacy & pharmaceutical sciences
Why Study at the University of Otago?
The University provides a range of degree level courses and also offers the best facilities to complete the thesis in the best possible way. It also offers world-class education at all levels and is committed to an international outlook.
Benefits of the Programs
The Scholarship will be awarded as follow:
- Up to eight scholarships are available for the academic year 2020-2021.
- The Scholarship consists of $15,000, to be paid towards a rebate of tuition fees in the first instance.
- The tenure of the Scholarship is for one year only.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Candidates are demanded to take admission in the postgraduate degree program at the University of Otago. Once a student has been admitted to their programme of choice, the University will assess their suitability for the Scholarship. The Scholarship Office will then send an invite to the candidate via eVision.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Any other required documentation for your preferred program.
- Candidates must have to provide proof that their English language skills meet the minimum admission criteria.
- Or studying the postgraduate degree program, candidates are required to hold their undergraduate degree certificates.
All international students must have a valid student visa to study at the University of Otago. When renewing your student visa, you can either apply on campus or send your application to Immigration New Zealand (INZ).
Application deadline: Automatically considered
Contact email or phone number: firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3-479 7000
Postal address: Dunedin Campus-362 Leith Street Dunedin 9016
Auckland Centre-Level 4, University of Otago House 385 Queen Street Auckland 1010
Christchurch Campus-University of Otago, Christchurch Building 2 Riccarton Avenue, Christchurch Central Christchurch 8011
Frequently Asked Question
Question- What is the selection criteria of the applicants?
Answer- Eligible students are selected based on financial need.
Question- Is there an application fee?
Answer- There is NO application fee to apply for Scholarship.