The Southeast Asian Ministry of Education Organization is providing financial assistance to international students through their NTU-SEARCA Joint Scholarship Program for Global ATGS. The scholarship aims to foster professional agricultural potential, encourage academic excellence, and promote agricultural research and growth in Southeast Asia.
The scholarship is available to nationals of permanent member countries of the Southeast Asian Ministry of Education Organization (SEAMEO), who are involved in participating in the NTU Master Program in Global TAGS. The length of the scholarship grant is two years.
The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture
Founded in 1966, The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Studies and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) works to improve the quality of life of agricultural families through safe and resilient livelihoods and access to modern networks and creative markets. It provides transformation efforts will focus on policy, institutional, social and technological innovations. It is mandated to strengthen institutional capacities in agricultural and rural development in Southeast Asia.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The candidate must be nationals of SEAMEO member countries;
- The candidate must not be more than 35 years of age at the time of application; and
- Planned research must be aligned with SEARCA’s overarching theme of Accelerating Transformation through Agricultural Innovation (ATTAIN) Moreover, priority research topics must fall within the ATTAIN priority areas.
- The applicant must be areas of specialization that scholarship applicants must pursue should be in agriculture or related sciences.
- The applicant should propose thesis research and should focus on SEARCA’s overarching theme of inclusive and sustainable agricultural and rural development (ISARD).
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying master’s degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at the SEARCA?
SEARCA aligns with other global, regional and national organizations toward contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that address global challenges to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. The Center commits to contribute and allocate resources toward the achievement of five SDGs that directly align with its mandate and focus, with greater emphasis on creating partnerships (SDG17).
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Tuition and other school fees;
- Travel allowance to cover international airfare;
- Book and supplies allowance;
- Health insurance; and
- Living allowance for food, lodging and incidental expenses.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Shortlisted applicants will be instructed to apply for admission to the Global ATGS program.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
Successful candidates who will be accepted to the program will be awarded the scholarship.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
- Applicants must fill out online the NTU-SEARCA Joint Scholarship Application Form and upload a copy of all required documents.
- The required documents to be submitted should be in English:
- Original or certified true copy of Bachelor of Science (BS) transcript of academic records bearing the seal of the University and original signature of the Registrar or Head of the University. An explanation of the university’s grading system must accompany the transcript of academic records.
Valid passport Letter demonstrating the purpose of the visit Proof of acceptance or invitation from a university in Sweden Proof of sufficient financial resources for the period of stay in Sweden
Medical travel insurance that covers costs of at least 30,000 EUR and is valid for all Schemed countries Passport-sized photo not older than six months Leave approval letter from school or university.
Application deadline: 5 February 2021
Contact address: +63 49 536 7097 / firstname.lastname@example.org
University location: College, Los Baños, 4031 Laguna, Philippines