Applications for the first-time freshmen scholarships are currently open to apply for the academic year 2021-2022. The scholarship awards are organized by Nicholls State University for students entering the university first-time for any coursework.
Nicholls State University offers several academic, athletic, private, and university scholarships for freshmen and continuing students. The university supports deserving and talented aspirants throughout their educational journey at the university.
Nicholls State University
Nicholls State University is known as a public university located in Thibodaux, Louisiana. Established in 1948, Nicholls is part of the University of Louisiana System. It provides over 100 online courses through its Division of Distance Education. Nicholls Online is different from regular online courses at Nicholls in that the classes are offered through 8-week sessions and have a unique fee structure. It is one of the first institutions in the United States to offer bachelor’s degrees in Culinary Arts.
The fellow must follow eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The university offers academic scholarships to first-time first-year students who meet specific criteria
- Must submit their ACT/SAT scores
- Must be admitted for priority consideration by December 15th of your senior year
- Their academic scholarships begin with an ACT score of 24, and all scholarships require a minimum high school GPA of 3.0.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The grants are available for pursuing any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Nicholls State University?
Nicholls State University’s academic life is defined by its faculty and students unique abilities for turning knowledge into action and taking full advantage of Nicholls’s vast access to world-class partnerships, policy-research initiatives one-of-a-kind learning opportunities. Since first opening its doors in 1948, Nicholls has been the only university serving the Bayou Region. The family-oriented campus offers more than 100 bachelor’s and master’s degree programs, 90-plus student organizations, and 14 Division I athletic teams.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university’s office coordinates all academic, athletic, private, and university scholarships.
- These recipients will get a handsome amount to pay for their tuition, fees, books, etc.
- Applicants accepted for admission by December 15th may qualify to receive scholarships for four years.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible and interested candidates are asked to apply for admission at the university through the given link below. The accepted students will then be eligible to apply for the scholarship fund provided by the university.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country OR study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must show English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country OR curriculum you studied.
- Completing the Regents’ Core 4 Curriculum (19 units) Curriculum, beginning with the class of 2012; and minimum overall high school GPA of 2.0.
- Must have at least a 21 ACT composite score, 1060 SAT composite score OR a minimum overall high school GPA of 2.35/4.0;
Students wanting to enter the U.S. on another visa status should confirm that they can legally study on that visa type before entering the country. If you enter the U.S. on a B visa or an F-2 visa, you will NOT be able to pursue a course of study. Please email any questions to [email protected]s.edu
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 877-642-4655
University location: 906 E 1st St, Thibodaux, LA 70301, United States