Students entering New Zealand for further higher studies can now apply for the AUT-NCUK Excellence Scholarship arranged by Auckland University of Technology. The awards are open for international students entering the university for any undergraduate level or above.
Auckland University of Technology will offer six scholarships to support talented aspirants at the campus. The award amount will be significant enough in covering up various educational expenses required to complete their degrees.
Auckland University of Technology
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is a university in New Zealand, formed on 1 January 2000 when a former technical college was granted university status. AUT enrolled more than 29,000 students in 2018, including 4,194 international students from 94 countries and 2,417 postgraduate students. AUT’s student population is diverse, with a range of ethnic backgrounds, including New Zealand, European, Asian, Māori, and Pasifika.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- Aspirants must be full-fee paying international students (Note: International students are students who are neither citizens, permanent residents, nor resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia or in the process of applying for the categories mentioned above).
- Aspirants must have a current and valid conditional or unconditional offer to study at an AUT program (Undergraduate level or above, excluding doctoral and at least 120 points).
- Aspirants will be asked to provide their AUT Student ID in the box provided on the application form.
- Scholarships are awarded on academic merit.
- Applicants with an equivalent B Average or above in their most recent NCUK program (International Foundation Year, International Year One, or Pre-Master’s Programme) will be considered.
- Returning AUT students (i.e., students who have already commenced study at AUT) will not be eligible.
- Aspirants are required to declare if they have applied for other forms of scholarships both internally (i.e., awarded by AUT) and externally (e.g., government scholarships). The selection committee will consider this.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for pursuing any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the AUT University?
AUT’s goal is to produce outstanding graduates, and each member of our team plays a part in that effort. We provide excellent learning opportunities that prepare students to be successful in their careers, no matter where they go in the world. Study with them, and you can enroll in our range of world-ranked subjects, including New Zealand’s top-ranked health programs and one of the world’s best sport science schools.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university will offer two New Zealand AUT-NCUK South East Asia Excellence Scholarships worth USD 10,000 each Contribution to fees
- Four New Zealand AUT-NCUK Global Excellence Scholarships worth USD3000 will also be granted as Contribution to fees
- The scholarship award is awarded for one year only.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Candidates must complete the below steps in order to qualify for these scholarships:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible and interested applicants are asked to apply for admission at the university for any degree work to get considered for the scholarship. Accepted students can then apply for the scholarships according to the given instructions below.
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship
The AUT online scholarship site, www.aut.ac.nz/scholarships, is where you can apply. Applicants must apply for the New Zealand AUT-NCUK Excellence Scholarships through the AUT Scholarships Database, which can be found at this page.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Detailed academic transcript with a grading scale of the most recent qualification from NCUK;
- Graduation certificate or evidence of completion from NCUK;
- Current and valid conditional or unconditional offer to join an AUT program.
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) with three A-levels, including at least one C grade or better.
- Acceptance of the NCUK English for Academic Purposes qualification as an alternative to meeting the English-language requirements, with a minimum of a C grade overall and no less than D grade in each component.
The New Zealand Government requires every international student to have a valid student visa for the duration of their academic study at AUT. It would help if you had a valid student visa to complete your enrolment. It should show the correct program and institute of study details (e.g., Bachelor of Business at AUT). It is student’s responsibility to ensure that your visa or permit is valid throughout your study at AUT.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2021, 30 November 2021
Contact address: +64 9-921 9999
University location: 55 Wellesley Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand