Media Writing will help you improve the quality of your work, hone your existing writing skills and bring in income. Candidates who are interested in advancing their knowledge in this creative field, they can apply for this New Media Writing Prize organized by Bournemouth University Higher Education Corporation through the Faculty of Media and Communication.
The New Media Writing Prize attracts entries from all around the world. It encourages and supports the best one in this field and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling.
If you are interested in writing exciting and innovative stories, then apply soon. This Prize is now open for entries. Hurry Up!!
To be eligible for this prize, the candidates must follow the given criteria:
- Competition is free and open to any person whatever his/her age or nationality. BU assumes that where an entrant is under 18, the entrant’s parents have consented to his/her entry in the Competition and his/her agreement to be bound by the Rules.
- Best and most innovative writers from all around the world are eligible to apply for this competition.
- Each entry should contain the following information within the text of the entry email:
- Title of the work.
- Entrant’s contact details: name, email address, telephone number, and postal address. For joint entries, all entrants’ contact details must be provided with identification of the main entrant for contact purposes.
- Entrant’s short autobiography (50-100 words). For joint entries, all entrants must provide their autobiographies.
- Entrants who wish to submit a work for the Unicorn Student Award must provide a proof of identity which should be displayed in the body of the entry email, e.g. a scan copy of entrant’s Student Union ID card or university enrolment number, which will be authenticated at the organizer’s discretion.
- No attachments will be accepted. The email may contain links but may not contain footnotes or formatted text.
- It is possible for one person to submit more than one entry provided each entry is submitted separately. It is possible for several persons to submit a joint entry provided one entrant is identified as the main contact.
- To enter in this competition, applicants must submit the entry form given below.
- The winning work, dependent upon which award it is eligible for, will receive one or more of the following prizes:
- Unicorn Training Student Award: £750 donated by Unicorn Training, where the winner satisfies point d. of clause 7.
- If: book UK New Media Writing Prize: £1000 donated by if: book UK, where the winner may also be a student, i.e. satisfies point d. of clause 7.
- The Journalism Award: £tbc for the winner, where the winner may also be a student, i.e. satisfies point d. of clause 7.
- The Dot Award: £500 and development support, offered by if: book UK, where the winner may also be a student, i.e. satisfies point d. of clause 7.
- The Skylab Innovation Award, £500, where the winner may also be a student, i.e. satisfies point d. of clause 7.
Application Deadline: Entries must be submitted by November 22, 2019.