Looking for a scholarship to pay for your education? Let’s take a look at the New International Student Full Tuition Scholarship administered by Sophia University in Japan. The grants are open for the session 2021-2022.
The scholarship is open for excellent International or Japanese Students who wish to enrol in an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program but find difficult to study due to financial hardship. The grants cover one third tuition fee to full tuition fee.
Sophia University is one of the leading private universities in Japan. Sophia is ranked 20th in its 2020 Japan University rankings and is the country’s top 4th private university. It has nine undergraduate schools with 29 departments and ten secondary schools with 25 programs in many areas of liberal arts, science and technology, global studies and global environmental studies.
- The candidate must be an international student or Japanese.
- Applicants must be applying Sophia University Undergraduate and Graduate entrance examination.
- Applicants must have excellent academic performance.
- Applicants must have the first choice of school is Sophia University.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Liberal Arts
- Science and Technology
- Sustainable Futures
- Global Studies
- Green Science and Engineering
- Global Environmental Studies
- TESOL: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Why Study at Sophia University?
Sophia University is a university that is known worldwide and fosters the base of proper knowledge and learning. It is well placed to provide superior undergraduate education integrating liberal arts with specialist knowledge and specialized language training, along with all the advantages of a university architecture on a national campus and one-campus.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Each successful candidate will get the amount equal to the one-third tuition fee to full tuition fees.
- Students from South-east Asia and African countries will automatically be considered as applicants for Sophia Benefactors’ Scholarships (Adachi) and get the amount equal to full tuition fee and education enhancement fee.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship
Candidate must need to download an application form and submit it by post to the address.
Step 3: Submit required documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- FY2020 Taxation Certificate or Tax Exemption Certificate
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Certificate of income
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general admission requirement.
- If English is not your native language, you must demonstrate evidence of English language proficiency.
- Applicant must be completed and hold a previous degree certificate.
To study in Japan, you’re expected to keep your visa. The Sophia University offers visa advisory services for international students and foreign scholars in the university to respond promptly to questions regarding the visa status.
Application deadline: Varies
Contact address: [email protected] or +81-3-3238-4018
University location: Sophia University, Center for Student Affairs (New Student Scholarship, Adachi Scholarship), 7-1 Kioi-Cho Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8554 Japan (Building No.2, first floor)