Students who are interested in sharing their perspective on the theme through art and showing their artistic talents, they must participate in this Theme and Poster Contest. The Martin Luther King Jr. Student Committee is declaring this contest at Penn State to bridge social justice and art that will bring Dr King’s directions to light.
The theme of the contest embraces every aspirant at Penn State, every person in this country and world. The Committee aims to provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, age, and national origin.
Scroll down, read the whole process carefully and become a part of this fantastic contest. All the best!!
- This contest encouraged all graphic designers, artists and anyone else who may be interested to show their artistic talents.
To become a participant in this contest, you must follow the given criteria:
- This year’s theme is The Story of the U.S. Exposing the Unarmed Truth.
- To be designed: a poster (16” x 20”) full-colour (Please upload the PNG file that is given in the entry form below).
- You will be asked to design the following if selected as a finalist:
- Button Square (2” x 3”) full colour
- Button Circle (2-1/4” diameter) full colour
- T-shirt, silkscreen single colour
- All submissions will be submitted electronically via the link given below.
- The design will be used on the website and possibly in web advertising.
- Text in the box above must be included in the design.
- The Official Penn State mark must be included in the design and will be provided electronically.
- The MLK, Jr. Commemoration marks must be included in the design and will be provided electronically.
- All submissions will be submitted electronically via below.
- A written summary of why the image was designed and how it aligns with the theme will be included with your submission.
- The selected designer will receive a U.ED number for the poster which must be included in the final version along with the statement below.
- The contest is providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by October 27, 2019.