To support your education financially, Mälardalen University is offering a Master’s Program Award for International Students. These opportunities are made available to international students for the academic year 2021-2022.
The grant is open for eligible students from countries outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland who are expected to pay school fees. The grant will pay 100% of the program’s costs as long as you meet the standard curriculum
Mälardalen University is a relatively young university, established in 1977. It is one of Sweden’s largest higher education institutions, with more than 16,000 students studying Business, Health, Engineering, and Education. The university conducts studies in all areas of education, and Future Technology and Embedded Devices are internationally recognized. The courses offered are BSc. International Business Management, BSc.Analytical Finance, MSc. International Marketing, MSc. Software Engineering, MSc. Financial Engineering, and MSc. Innovation and Design
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The candidates who wish to be considered for the scholarship must first apply for eligible Masters Programs at Mälardalen University on www.universityadmissions.se.
- Mälardalen University as their first choice university. In addition the application fee must have been paid on time.
- The scholarship is for especially qualified students coming from countries outside of EU/EEA/Switzerland.
- the scholarship is not open for students from the 12 countries with which Sweden has long-term development cooperation, namely, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Students from these countries should instead apply for the Swedish Institute Study Scholarship.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying Master’s degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Mälardalen University?
Mälardalen University is characterized by close partnerships with businesses and the public sector in the region, making their University attractive to students – and students attractive on the labor market.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The grant will pay 100% of the program’s costs as long as you meet the standard curriculum (minimum 22.5 credits/semester, minimum 45 credits/academic year). The scholarship does not exceed the cost of living.
- If your status from being a fee-paying student to a non-paying student is changed during the study period of the program you will no longer be granted the program.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applications for courses and programs offered at Mälardalen University are made through www.universityadmissions.se, which is the official website for all higher education applications in Sweden and which lists all programs appropriate for foreign students.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
Your application for a scholarship to be accepted must have qualified as a first or second option for a Master’s degree at Mälardalen University and submitted supporting documents within a timeline. The application fee must have been charged in due time.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
- Certificates and diplomas of your completed bachelor’s degree from an internationally recognized higher education institution (university or University College).
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester (including course list) from your bachelor’s program.
Valid passport Letter demonstrating the purpose of the visit Proof of acceptance or invitation from a university in Sweden Proof of sufficient financial resources for the period of stay in Sweden
Medical travel insurance that covers costs of at least 30,000 EUR and is valid for all Schemed countries Passport-sized photo not older than six months Leave approval letter from school or university
Application deadline: February 1, 2021
Contact address: 46 (0)16-15 32 50 /firstname.lastname@example.org
University location: Högskoleplan 1, 722 20 Västerås, Sweden