If you want to get your education in Sweden. Here, you have a golden chance to apply for the Linnaeus University Scholarship provided by the Swedish government for the session 2021.
Linnaeus University’s decision to award scholarships will primarily be based on the students’ academic merits. The grants will be awarded to the students who are taken admission in a master’s degree program at the university.
Linnaeus University is a state university situated in the Smaland region of Sweden. It was founded in 2010 through a merger of the former Linnaeus University, known for its high international reputation, with partner universities in more than 60 countries. Every year more than 2,000 international students from all over the world come to study here. Linnaeus University is ranked # 1226 among the Best Global Universities.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant is from a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- The applicant must have applied for a master program at Linnaeus University.
- Before January 15 AND have sent/ uploaded all required documents before February 1.
- The applicant has chosen Linnaeus University as their first choice on their application on www.universityadmissions.se.
- The applicant mustfill out the application form before the deadline of the application.
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The candidates who are from a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland already enrolled in a two- or three-year lasting program at Linnaeus University
- The candidate at bachelor or master level.
- Passed at least 30 credits within the program.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying master’s degree program in the following fields:
- Business and economics.
- Behavioral sciences.
- Computer science/IT.
- Cultural studies and social sciences.
- Natural sciences.
- Technology and engineering.
Why study at Linnaeus University?
Studying at Linnaeus University means being enriched with boldness, enthusiasm, and creativity – the very core of what the Swedish scientist Carl Linnaeus is known for. We expect that you will feel inspired, not only during your studies at the University of Linnaeus but also that will you carry the spirit of inspiration with you as an alumnus everywhere you go in the world. Welcome to the University of Linnaeus, a university of infinite possibilities.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The applicant can get up to a 75% reduction in the tuition fees for the program.
- The scholarships are initially granted for one semester, but will automatically be extended for the duration of the study program (2 up to 4 semesters), provided that study results are satisfactory.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To be considered for this scholarship, you are required to take admission in master’s degree program through universityadmissions.se. After taking admission, you will get an email on how to apply for the scholarship along with a link to the application form. Then you are requested to apply for the scholarship program.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- A copy of your passport or another document of identification and, if needed.
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
Valid passport Letter demonstrating the purpose of the visit Proof of acceptance or invitation from a university in Sweden Proof of sufficient financial resources for the period of stay in Sweden
Medical travel insurance that covers costs of at least 30,000 EUR and is valid for all Schemed countries Passport-sized photo not older than six months Leave approval letter from school or university.
Application deadline: January 15, 2021
Contact address:E-mail: info[at]lnu.se or +46(0)772-28 80 00
University location:P G Vejdes väg, 351 95 Växjö, Sweden