Are you looking for opportunities to study in Canada? The, here Lakehead University is offering you a chance to apply for its International Entrance Scholarship open for the year 2021-2022. The university invites students entering the University for any undergraduate degree.
The scholarship program is conducted for highly talented students willing to acquire high and quality education. The funds designed by the university will be great enough to pay for any of the educational expenditure.
Lakehead University is a public research university with campuses in Thunder Bay and Orillia, Ontario, Canada. Lakehead University, shortened to ‘Lakehead U’, or ‘LU’, is non-denominational and provincially supported. It has undergraduate programs, graduate programs, the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, the only internationally accredited (AACSB) business school in northern Ontario and is home to the western campus of the Northern Ontario School of Medicine.
The candidate must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Non-Canadian citizens entering Lakehead University from a high school, or who are transferring from an international college or university, will be able to apply for the Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships.
- The scholarship is open to the top international students applying to Lakehead University for 2021-2022.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Lakehead University?
The university is a home to more than 25 cutting-edge research centres and 11 Canada Research Chairs, and gives students access to unparalleled hands-on research opportunities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Not only can you learn in world-class labs and facilities at Lakehead, but you can also take advantage of the natural, outdoor laboratory right on the campus doorstep.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- There are limited no. of scholarships worth $40,000 ($10,000 x 4 years) for 90.0%+ academic average
- Scholarships worth $30,000 ($7,500 x 4 years) for 80.0% – 89.9% academic average
- Scholarships worth $6,000 ($6,000 in Year 1 only) for 75.0% – 79.9% academic average
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, applicants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applications for the scholarships will automatically consider upon admission. Eligible candidates must intend to take admission to the university, and then they will be automatically considered for the scholarship fund. There is no separate application required.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Aspirants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Candidate must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD); A minimum of 6 Grade 12U or M courses, or equivalent, including program-specific prerequisite courses; A minimum 70%* overall final average
In order to study at LakeheadUniversity, you will require a Study Permit. To enter Canada, student may also require a Temporary Residence Visa. You should apply for your study permit as soon as you receive your Offer of Admission from Lakehead University. Students can get detailed information on the main website page.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: 705-330-4008 Fax: 705-329-4035
University location: 955 Oliver Rd, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5E1, Canada