Looking for a scholarship to pay for your education? Let’s take a look at the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award for international students is administered by the University of British Columbia in Canada. The grants are open for the session 2020-2021.
This need-based award is open for international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, student affairs, and community-service involvement. The award will be proportionate to the candidate’s financial needs.
Table of Contents
University of British Columbia
University of British Columbia (UBC), established in 1915 with the motto Tuum Est (It is Yours) providing an excellent global centre of education, learning, and research. Ranked among the top 20 public universities of North America, UBC provides building opportunities for those students who have the fascination and passion for making this world a better place.
Students who wish to avail UBC’s the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award can refer to the following eligibility criteria to know more about the scholarship:
- Candidates must enrol in any undergraduate degree at the University of British Columbia.
- Candidates must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Applicants must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or another university.
- Candidates must be applying for a first-year undergraduate degree.
- Candidates must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- Candidates must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- Candidates must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available to study an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Business and Economics
- Earth, environment, and sustainability
- Engineering and technology
- Health and Life Sciences
- History, Law, and politics
- Languages and Linguistics
- Math, chemistry, and physics
- Media and fine arts
- People, culture, and society
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The award provides the financial need, which is determined by totalling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year.
- A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
Why Study at the University of British Columbia?
University of British Columbia (UBC) values being a high-ranked university with a different worldwide populace and solid standing with a cross-cultural global outlook. Indeed, even with its educational centre, UBC has the absolute best games programs in Canada.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To avail of the educational award, Seekers must submit a KMILOT Award application form and take admission in an undergraduate degree pogram at the University of British Columbia. You can specify two-degree choices in your application; only your first-choice degree will be considered for this award.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Passport biometric page
A “Student Authorization” (Student Visa) is required to enter Canada. If candidates are studying in Canada for more than six months, they will be required to have a valid study permit for the study duration. Please apply for the candidate’s study permit as soon as the candidate receive their Letter of Acceptance.
- If the applicants are from a non-English-speaking background. In that case, the candidate needs to satisfy the University’s English language requirements and ensure that candidate can provide evidence of their English proficiency if required.
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Applicants must hold a secondary school certificate or equivalent.
Application Deadline: Closed
Contact Address: 250 807 9447; 604 822 8999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
University Location: East Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1, Canada