To help students to create their path towards their dream career, the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology is awarding International Student Scholarships for the academic year 2020-2021.
The fund is available for brilliant International students who wish to commence an undergraduate degree at the KAIST University. The grants cover full tuition fee, living expenses and Medical Health Insurance in South Korea.
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology is a national research university located in the research and technology hub of Daejeon, South Korea. KAIST is Korea’s first and finest university in science and technology.
The candidate must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Seekers must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at KAIST University.
- Candidate must maintain a GPA of over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST after their freshman year.
- Applicants must have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by February 28th, 2021.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The grants are open to studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology?
KAIST is the nation’s first research and engineering institution. It consisted of five colleges, seven schools, 13 universities and 27 departments. It strives to provide an interactive and engaging environment for the full benefit of research and study. A variety of activities instil and link students’ school spirit. Student clubs have helped to build our university culture and to dynamize the KAIST community.
Benefits of the Programs
- The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The scholarship is vested in the form of tuition fee waiver applicable for eight semesters.
- The fund provided living expenses 350,000.
- Each winning candidate will get Medical Health Insurance.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To apply for this educational award, students must read all academic guidelines for taking admission in an undergraduate degree program at the Korean Advanced Institute of Science & Technology. Applicants must be download applications form and recommendation letter and uploaded it with the supporting document. After taking confirmation, the candidate will be automatically eligible for the scholarship.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High School diploma certificate
- High school / University Transcript
- English Proficiency Test Report
- Standardized Official Test Score Report
- Passport or National ID Copy
- Statement of Financial Resources
- Honours and Awards (Optional)
- Applicants must meet the general entry requirement and hold documents according to the criteria.
- Applicants must be graduated from high school.
- Applicants must have demonstrated the evidence of English language proficiency when the first language is not English.
Before arriving in Korea, all international students should obtain a D-2 visa. Please visit the web site and check the list of documents required for D-2 visa applications of the Korean embassy/consulates. One of the documents needed is a certificate of admission, which is sent by airmail to the admitted students. You can send them to the Korean Embassy/consul once all the documents are prepared.
Application Deadline: Oct 23, 2020
Contact Address: +82.42.350.4803 or creative.adm[at]kaist.ac.kr
University Location: #102, E16-1, 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, Republic of Korea