Fulfil your educational dream with the help of the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program by the University of Twente. The scholarship is to support your education funding for your master’s program at the university.
The University of Twente provides this scholarship to help out the students in overcoming their financial barriers. The scholarship is open for men and women applying to a master’s degree program in a development-related topic.
The University of Twente in Enschede, the Netherlands
The University of Twente is a public technical university established in 1961 in Enschede, the Netherlands. In 2019, the total footfall of students was 11,136. The University is one of the leading universities with a 97th Rank in the global world ranking system.
The applicant must meet up the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- Applicant must be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Must be from the Eligible country as listed in the program;
- Students should not have dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Good health is a must;
- Must have a bachelors degree earned before the three years to the application deadline;
- Must have three years or more of recent job experience related to growth after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree;
- When submitting the scholarship application, be engaged in development-related work in a full-time paying job. The only exception to this requirement is for citizens of developed countries from countries that will be included in the revised list of Vulnerable and the Conflict States submitted to applicants for each call for scholarships in the Application Guidelines;
- On or before the date of the Scholarship Application Deadline, be admitted to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP chosen university master’s programs located outside the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence specified in the scholarship application should be accepted for the coming academic year. Before submitting your application, the letter of admission must be uploaded;
- Not to be an Executive Director, his/her substitute, and employees of any form of World Bank Group appointment or close relative of the blood or adoption group referred to above with the term “close relative” defined as mother, father, sister, half-sister, brother, half-brother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying a master’s program in the following fields:
- Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Applied Remote Sensing for Earth Sciences
- Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Natural Hazards and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Geoinformatics
- Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Natural Resources Management
- Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Urban Planning and Management
- Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Water Resources and Environmental Management
- Geo-information Science and Earth Observation for Land Administration
Why study at the University of Twente?
The University of Twente (UT) offers a wide variety of high-quality, globally-focused master’s programs and is regarded as the most entrepreneurial university in the Netherlands. The University of Twente is among the top 200 universities in the world. The University is a leader in fusing social sciences with technology, science, and engineering to influence the world around us. A fascinating studying, working, and the university campus offers a living environment to talented students and scientists.
Benefits of the Program
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- At the start of your study program and immediately following the conclusion of the scholarship duration, Economy Class air travel between your home country and the host university. For each flight, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance in addition to the two-way air travel;
- Tuition and cost of basic medical care received by the University for your Graduate Degree.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses while on campus during the scholarship period (accommodations, food, etc., including books). Depending on the host nation, the duration of the allowance varies.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
The student will apply for admission in a selective program, and if he/she is shortlisted, he/she will be invited by the JJWBGSP Secretariat to apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- Complete admission form.
- Evidence of employment for each employment record after earning a Bachelor’s degree.
- Each term’s transcript of Bachelor’s degrees will be attached.
- Identify two professional recommenders.
- A scanned copy of the Passport will be required to attach in documents.
- Evidence of sufficient funding needs to be attached.
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement is needed.
- Confirmation letter of the admission taken in the university.
- The certificate will be required for English language competence (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Scanned copy of the Passport
- Proper documents of the last education.
- Medical assurance for government verification.
If students need an entry visa and a (new) residency permit, they will be contacted by email to direct them through each phase of the process. Students of Dutch law will not apply for a visa on their own. The University of Twente coordinates all applications and extensions for (entry) visas, residence permits, and intent change. The University of Twente Visa Department guides Bachelor, (pre-)Master, and Exchange students through obtaining an entry visa and residence permit. After you have completed all the mentioned steps, the university will apply for your visa with the IND (Dutch Immigration Service) and inform the student via email.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +31 (0)53 489 9111
University location: University of Twente PO Box 217 7500 AE Enschede the Netherland