Applicants who want to augment their knowledge in any of their interested fields and also have the desire of studying. Their candidates have a favourable opportunity to participate for the International Young Scientist Seminars Competition.
IndiaBioscience is pleased to announce the Young Scientist Seminars Competition from all around the world. The aim of this competition is to increase the visibility of science in society, by being a hub for policy discussions, science communication, and as an aggregator of information.
So, let’s get started! Don’t waste your precious time and participate in this competition as soon as possible. Wish you all the very best!!
- In this competition, the U.S. and international pre-doctoral graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in any field of the biological sciences are eligible to apply.
- Although you are not required to be a PhD candidate to be eligible for the competition.
- Candidate’s research story should be close to publication or have been recently published.
- A 2-page CV or resume that highlights: research experience, scientific presentation experience and awards, and science communication, outreach or education activities.
- A short written description (3000 characters maximum, including spaces) of the scientific discovery that you would like to share on camera and its importance, for a non-expert but the scientific audience (e.g. undergraduate students in the biological sciences.
- Except for the letter of recommendation, application materials will NOT be accepted via email.
- Applicants MUST submit their materials using the application survey (link above).
- Recommenders will send a signed letter of recommendation as a PDF attachment to [email protected] with “[APPLICANT LAST NAME, FIRST INITIAL]” in the subject line.
- Winners will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the University of California, San Francisco.
- At the end of the workshop week, winners will record their improved 30-minute research talks in biology’s green screen studio.
Application Deadline: December 16, 2019