For encouraging high-performing students, East Tennessee State University is offering International Students Academic Merit Scholarships in the USA. The grants are offered for the session 2021-2022.
The funding opportunity is open to attract talented international students who are going to take part in an undergraduate & graduate degree at the university. The university will provide the award amount of $12,500 for undergraduate students and $11,500 for graduate students per academic year.
East Tennessee State University
East Tennessee State University is a public university in Johnson City, Tennessee. The university is often ranked as one of the top schools in the United States for rural medicine and primary care education. It is classified among R2: like Doctoral Universities and High research activity. The research mission of the university advances scholarly and creative activity that enhances the teaching and learning environment and benefits the regional, national, and global communities served.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Applicant must be applied for undergraduate and graduate degree program at the university.
- For undergraduate, new applicants must have a minimum 3.0 high school GPA on the US 4.0 scale.
- For graduate degree, Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on the US 4.0 scale
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying undergraduate and graduate degree program in the following fields:
- Liberal Arts
- Basic Science
- Business Administration, MBA
- Chemical Engineering
Why study at East Tennessee State University?
The University is an adventure campus, and the city is an adventure town. The natural beauty of this region makes an incredible backdrop for your university experience. Its Career Services will help you envision your future, prepare for the journey, and open doors to opportunities for rewarding work life. It offers benefits from career fairs, internships, networking, career advisement, interview coaching, and more.
Benefits of the Program
- The university will provide the award amount of $12,500 for undergraduate students per academic year.
- The university will provide the award amount of $11,500 for graduate students per academic year.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step1: Apply for Admission
To be considered for this educational award, candidates are required to take admission in an undergraduate and graduate degree program at the East Tennessee State University. After taking confirmation, you are automatically eligible for this scholarship.
Step2: Submit Required Documents
- Certificates and diplomas from university studies
- Transcripts of completed courses and grades
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Proof that you meet the specific entry requirements – A course description (syllabus) must be submitted for each course that may meet a specific prerequisite
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- The Applicant must have records of completed upper secondary education. And also higher secondary (high school) education must be recorded with approved copies of the diploma as well as a transcript of all subjects and grades.
- The Applicant can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement
- If you are under age 21 and applying as a freshman, you must have completed, or be in the process of completing, the high school courses.
If you want to study in the USA, you are required to have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa. Visa application procedures vary somewhat among Consulates in various countries. The US Visas Website will help you through the process of applying for the student visa.
Application Deadline: March 01, 2021
Contact address: +1 423-439-1000
University Location: 1276 Gilbreath Dr, Johnson City, TN 37614, United States