Studying in the USA can be expensive for you, but luckily Columbia University is providing International Student Financial Aid for the academic year 2020-2021. The opportunity is open for aspirants from all around the globe.
The studentships are awarded to students with demonstrated academic achievement and financial need. The education awards are available for studying the undergraduate degree coursework.
Columbia University is New York’s oldest Higher Education institution. The university is organized into twenty schools, including three high schools and many graduate schools. It is an independent, privately-held, non-sectarian higher education institution, and ranked 3rd overall among U.S. national universities.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants should have already been offered a place at Columbia University and should have firmly accepted or intended to accept that offer.
- The Scholarship is broadly awarded based on academic merit.
- Candidates must provide evidence that their English language proficiency meets the minimum admission criteria.
- Students who have previous college credit from other institutions are eligible to receive up to 60 credits in transfer towards the 124 points needed for graduation.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The university offers these grants for studying the undergraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Communications & Media Studies
Why Study at Columbia University?
Columbia University provides students with knowledge and skills which come with an education from one of the best public health schools in the world. It offers a wealth of resources to help candidates conduct career-related research, develop an effective job search strategy and build a network of professionals.
Benefits of the Programs
The Scholarship will be awarded as follow:
- The Scholarship will provide the amount worth up to $500 to $25,000.
- Candidates, those in their first term of enrollment typically receive an award between $9,000 and $12,000.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these sponsorship, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To get involved in this sponsorship, requisites are demanded to take admission in the undergraduate degree program at Columbia University. Candidates are requested to apply for admission before the closing date.
Step 2: Apply for the Scholarship
After receiving the confirmation, candidates can download and submit the award application form. International students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents do not need to complete the FAFSA to receive institutional aid.
Step 3: Submit required documents
- Graduate transcripts
- Secondary school records, or test results for GED / TASC
- Transcripts from all the universities and colleges attended
- One double-spaced, typed essay of about 1,500-2,000 words
- Two recommendation letters coming from academic and professional sources.
Note: All components must be submitted directly by applicants, not through an agent or a third party vendor. Also, the applicant will be required to attest to the accuracy and authenticity of all Columbia submitted information and documents.
- You must be comfortable with speedy and idiomatic spoken English to be considered for admission to Columbia.
- Candidates must hold their previous Certificates of Degree.
- Applicants applying for university admission must have the competence to use and understand written and spoken English.
To get into the United States, you need a valid, unexpired student visa. Complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) from the State Department, which is the first step in making your appointment for a visa. Read more about applying for DS-160 here.
Application Deadline: June 2021
Contact address: 212-854-2522 or [email protected]
Postal address: New York, NY 10027, United States
Note: Due to COVID-19 outbreak, all classes are conducting online.