Waiting for a chance to grasp a scholarship? Good News! Victoria University of Wellington is providing Wellington Region School Leaver Grants for International Students to study in New Zealand. The sponsorships are available for the academic year 2021-2022.
The grants are intended to recruit and support international undergraduate students. The scholarships are competitively awarded based on academic excellence.
Victoria University of Wellington
Victoria University of Wellington is one of the oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions in New Zealand. It has been ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities in 19 subject areas, by the QS World University Rankings. It offers more than 30 undergraduate and 140 postgraduate degrees in Architecture, Business, Engineering, Health, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, and Science.
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Applicants must have completed at least one full year (i.e. their Year 13 year) at a secondary school within the Wellington region.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-year undergraduate program of at least 120 points by the start of the trimester.
- Applicants will need to gain university entrance and admission to their study program.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at Victoria University of Wellington?
At Victoria University in Wellington, you will join a select student group with a world-class learning and teaching environment, and you will develop experience, real-world skills, extracurricular experiences and motivation to turn your studies into a career.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Each winning candidate will get the amount worth $2000 each year.
- The award will assist students as tuition fee waivers instead of a direct payment to the student.
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Take advantage of this opportunity; candidates are required to take admission in an undergraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington. Candidates will be automatically considered for the studentship after taking admission.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- If you are applying for admission, please check all eligibility criteria and keep all documents at the time of the request.
- For an undergraduate degree, you are required to hold their high school degree certificate.
- If English isn’t your first language, you can fulfil English requirements by studying with us.
- You can also find out other entrance requirements.
You must have a valid student visa for studying here unless you are a citizen of New Zealand or Australia, or a permanent resident. Your student visa must specify your place of study at the Victoria University of Wellington. Immigration New Zealand (INZ) recommends that you apply for student visa early three to four months before travelling with the latest visa processing times.
Application deadline: open mid-June and close on 1 September 2021
Contact address: [email protected] or +64 463 5557
University location: Kelburn, Wellington 6012, New Zealand