If you’re hoping to study in the UK but need funding to do so, then you have an exceptional opportunity to apply for the International Scholarships funded by the De Montfort University Leicester. The funds are open for the academic year 2021-2022.
The funds are established for the new international students who wish to commence full-time study in undergraduate or postgraduate taught at De Montfort University Leicester. The grants will be given as a tuition fee remission for the first year of study.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University Leicester (DMU) is a public university situated in the English city of Leicester. DMU rated Gold under the TEF System for Excellence in Teaching. The University is divided into four faculties: Art, Design, and Humanities (ADH), Business and Law (BAL), Health and Life Sciences (H&LS), and Computer, Engineering, and Media (CEM).
- The Applicant must be an international student.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate and postgraduate taught a course at the University.
- Applicant must have received an offer to study on a full-time course commencing in 2020-2021.
- Applicants must have paid the £4,000 tuition fee deposit to DMU.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at De Montfort University?
De Montfort University is renowned primarily for its arts and social sciences services, which rank among the best in the world. Here the students get an enriching and supportive atmosphere to focus on learning various skills. It offers a range of globally recognized programs for research and graduation that attract students from all over the world.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The scholarship will provide an amount worth £1,500 on a first-come, first-served basis upon receipt of a £4,000 tuition fee deposit.
- The awards will be given as a tuition fee remission for the first year of study.
- The university is also offering scholarships for students with different qualifications and needs.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Applicants are required to follow these steps to apply for the studentship.:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
For enlisted this education award, you must need to take admission in an undergraduate and postgraduate taught program at De Montfort University. After being admitted, Applicants will automatically be considered based on first come first serve.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- One reference for undergraduate study
- Two recommendations for postgraduate study
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Applicant must need to demonstrate the evidence of English Language proficiency.
- Applicants must hold a High School Diploma with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- For postgraduate taught, Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with GPA 2.8 for courses requiring a 2:2 classification, and GPA 3.2 for courses requiring a 2:1 classification.
International students must have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from the University to apply for a study visa at De Montfort University. The CAS is a unique reference number that specifies the University has decided to be your Tier 4 sponsor, which offers information about you and your study as part of your visa application to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
Application deadline: Varies
Contact address: +44-116-250-6070 or [email protected]
University location: De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH, United Kingdom