The wait for international experience Canada Program 2020 is over, and it is open for applications for a visit to Canada. There were thousands of youngsters who were waiting for this program as it can be a way for their permanent residence in Canada.
This program was scheduled to start on 9 December 2019, but due to some technical problems, it was delayed. Now you can also participate in this program for your temporary visit to Canada.
This temporary visit can open a lot of possibilities for all the youngsters who want to get the permanent residence of Canada.
What is the International Experience Canada program?
It is a program held by the immigration centre of Canada. In this program, youngsters from 35 countries can visit Canada on a temporary visit for the selected categories.
This program is held so that young professionals between ages 18 to 35 can get the experience of living in Canada. They can know the work culture of Canada through this visit.
Also Read: Do You Want Work Permit? Then Study in Canada
There are three categories in which youngsters can take part:
- Independent work permit
- Young professionals
Independent Work Permit
Canada will provide the working permit in Canada under any employer in this program. The selected candidate can work under one or more than one employer in this program without having any working visa.
There is a lot of benefits to this work permit. Some of them are:
1. You can work in Canada even if you do not have any offer later from an employer in Canada. This is the only option to work in Canada without having an offer then.
2. You can work for more than one employer in Canada without having any problem.
3. You can also work at different locations within Canada with this work permit. This is valid for 1 or 2 years according to your application.
If a student is registered in the post-secondary institution, then he can apply for this program. So he can work internationally with Canadian employers. It opens a pool of opportunities for the selected candidates. It is a type of program in which you can get an internship from the leading companies in Canada.
Requirements for This Program
- Candidate must have an offer letter before applying to this program.
- Candidate should be registered in the post-secondary institution
- Will have to work with the same employer from where the candidate got the offer letter.
This program is for those youngsters who want to get experience working in Canada for leading companies. Professionals who have received an offer letter from one of the employers of Canada can apply in this program.
Also Read: Proficiency in English or French Opens Opportunities for Immigrants to Canada
Requirements to Apply for Canada International Experience Program
- Citizenship– The candidate applying for this program should be a citizen of one of the 35 countries that have a bilateral youth mobility arrangement in Canada.
- Age Criteria– The candidate should be between 18-35 years. Only those candidates are eligible in this program as it is only for youngsters at the moment.
- Required Funds– The candidate should have required funds in his bank account. It will be used for booking the return ticket and other staying expenses. You may need to submit your bank account statement as well.
- Health Insurance– The applying candidate must have health insurance or the required amount of money for health insurance in Canada.
- Document– The candidate must have all his educational and identity proof documents to apply for this program. You need to have a valid passport of your country to get selected in this program.
- Application Fee- You need to pay the application fee for this program which is already available on their official website.
Opportunities after International Experience Canada Program
If you got selected for this program and completed your working period in Canada, then you can also increase your chances of getting the PR of Canada. When you work in Canada for 1 or 2 years, you become eligible to apply for PR in Canada.
You can apply through the immigration program of Canada if you are thinking about staying in Canada after your IEC program.
This is one of the best opportunities for all young professionals who are looking forward to working in Canada and get their Permanent residence. If the candidate gets selected in this program, then they have a lot of opportunities even after their IEC program period is over.
You can apply for this program by visiting their official website.