The University of Southern Queensland is giving away financial assistance through its currently open International Accommodation Scholarship. The awards are available for aspirants entering Australia from all over the world for their further studies.
The University will support the outstanding students throughout their sessions by giving the expenses for their accommodation. The recipients will get complete help in accomplishing their degree program at the university.
University of Southern Queensland
The University of Southern Queensland is known as a medium-sized, regional university based in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia, with three university campuses at Toowoomba, Springfield and Ipswich. It offers courses in law, health, engineering, the sciences, business, education, and the arts. The University is recognised for having the most extensive Japanese-designed garden in Australia, Australia’s most extensive solar integrated carpark, and a library with rainforest and water features.
The aspirant must follow the eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Must be a full-time student
- be an on-campus student (studying on-campus after Australian Government travel restrictions are lifted)
- Should not be a sponsored student
- Must be a commencing student (i.e. be new to USQ)
- Must have received an offer to study for Semester 3 2020, Semester 1 2021 or Semester 2 2021 in a degree program offered by the University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
- Must meet the academic and English requirements for a USQ degree program for which they apply
- Must meet the entry requirements of the Residential Colleges
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Southern Queensland?
SQ is ranked No. 1 in Australia for graduate starting salary. It has flexible and blended modes of study complemented by small, personalised, and practical teaching. USQ is also recognised for best practice in online and flexible learning. The University of Southern Queensland is one of the top Public universities in Toowoomba, Australia. It is ranked #701-750 in QS Global World Rankings 2021.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- This scholarship is valued at the accommodation cost of the USQ Toowoomba Residential Colleges for the first semester of on-campus study.
- The scholarship award will be applied to the student’s residential fees over the semester, where the student is studying a full-time load and meets this scholarship’s requirements.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To applying for these scholarships, aspirants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students must submit their admission application personally or through a USQ approved education agent. Applicants accepted at the university will need to complete an International Application Form and be provided with an Offer Letter by the closing date (Applicants must allow processing time for Visa and application assessment where appropriate). Aspirants can then complete the Residential Colleges Application and be provided with an offer of residency and accept that offer.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows should meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- USQ revises its ATAR/Rank entry requirements at least annually depending on the demand for individual programs. Many of USQ’s undergraduate degrees have subject pre-requisites. The most common subject pre-requisites are English (4, SA), Maths A (4, SA), Maths B (4, SA) and Science (4, SA).
If students are coming to study at USQ in Australia, they can apply for their student visa as soon as they receive their Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). You can apply for your student visa online or with one of our local education agents. Australian Government student visa conditions allow student visa holders to work up to 40 hours each fortnight.
Application Deadline: 23 July 2021
Contact address: +61 1800 007 252
University location: West St, Darling Heights QLD 4350, Australia