To help you create your own path towards your dream career. The Illinois Wesleyan University is granting Merit-Based Scholarships for qualified international applicants with outstanding academic achievement and test scores for the academic year 2021-2022.
These awards are open for international applicants who get outstanding academic achievement in test scores on the required entrance exams. It ranges from $16,000 to $30,000 per year and is renewable for up to four years.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Illinois Wesleyan is a highly ranked private university based in Bloomington, Illinois. It is a small college with 1,689 undergraduate students enrolled. Admissions are reasonably competitive as the Illinois Wesleyan admission rate is 59%. The majors include Accounting, Psychology, and Nursing. A graduate with 79 percent of students, Illinois Wesleyan alumni continue to receive a starting income of $41,600. Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to diversifying and internationalizing the campus.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Transcripts for all previous high school and/or college coursework.
- Teacher Evaluation or Recommendation (for those utilizing CommonApp, the evaluation portion of the School Report will fulfill this requirement, but additional letters are welcome.)
- ACT /SAT scores
- The candidate must give personal Interview (for test optional)
- The candidate whose first or native language is not English is still required to submit either the TOEFL or IELTS.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying bachelor’s degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Illinois Wesleyan University?
With an emphasis on academic achievement and limited class size, Illinois Wesleyan attracts faculty that emphasizes student-faculty relationships as an essential part in undergraduate education. Illinois Wesleyan is one of the best liberal arts colleges in Illinois and one of the best small colleges in America, based on the study of academic, admission, financial, and student life data from the United States.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- These scholarships are given to eligible international candidates with excellent academic performance and test scores for the appropriate entrance exams.
- These grants vary from $16,000 to $30,000 a year and are valid for up to four years. Students who complete the application for admission are immediately eligible for scholarships.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Step 2: Apply for scholarship
To get a merit scholarship you need to have a good GPA, SAT/ACT test scores, and strong academics.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
- Applicants must be international students with outstanding academic achievement and test scores on the required entrance exams.
To study in United State, you must have a valid visa. Student visas are temporary visas that allow people to come to united state for a specified period to study at educational institution. The Department of Home Affairs provides comprehensive information about the different categories of student visas and the process of applying for a visa.
Application deadline: January 1, 2021
Contact address: (309) 556-1000
University location: 1312 Park Street Bloomington, IL 61701United States