Stanford University makes its application process very difficult for students. It tests the student’s ability to craft concise and creative pieces. Application into Stanford generally requires that the applicants respond to their essay requests.
Part of their admission procedure is to make students respond to four long essays and seven different short essays. Therefore, Stanford essays typically consist of eleven pieces. In this post, we shall be detailing how you can write the Stanford application essays.
Stanford uses these essays to know more about your ability to write intelligently, to get a glimpse of your character and personality. Pretty much like any admission essay, the compositions can also be used to state your expectations from the school.
Read More: How to Write a Nursing Essay?
1. The student needs to limit their responses to the essay word limit. This word limit means that they have to keep their essays direct and straightforward. It is of crucial importance for students to be genuine and honest about their responses.
Furthermore, they can take a critical look into the different parts of their personalities. They can then highlight their characters with each essay response. The student applicant needs to avoid all their essay responses cluttering around one or two activities or themes.
2. Students could get prompted to write on current societal challenges. For these types of questions, they could decide to give traditional answers. However, the student needs to put a creative spin on these habitual responses.
Read More: How to Write ‘Who Am I’ Essay?
The student should not pick arbitrary or obscure topics. Furthermore, they should avoid writing about issues in extremely bland terms. They could choose contemporary subject matters such as global warming, skills development, gender parity, or global pandemics. Students should be able to relate these topics to current global affairs.
3. Most of the time, one of your essay prompts for Stanford involves writing about your school expectations. Now you have to write down something peculiar to the school. Now how do you go about this since you are not yet a student? You could do your research on the internet.
You could ask alumni of the school what they enjoyed the most about the school. Alternatively, you could answer these types of essays by stating that you want to continue your student activities in the school. It would be best if you wrote about exciting events which would make an impression on your reader.
4. Also, it is essential to be classy with your essay responses. Never state anything illegal or unsavoury. Remember, thousands of other applicants are there for the same purpose. Therefore, you should make the best impression on your reader. Also, remember to state the heart of the
5. It would be best if you showed a genuine to learn in the school. However, do not flood these essays with narratives. You demonstrate the school’s admission’s officer about your hunger for knowledge.
Remember that you have to make your response a creative one. These essays aim to make the admission officer know a few things about you.
6. The school uses these long essays to find a genuine portrayal of a student’s character. A piece that would easily stand out from the crowd not worry excessively about putting this essay in a letter form beside you could start with a simple and genuine greeting.
Read More: How to Write a 5-Paragraph Essay?
You could essentially create a bullet list of some interesting facts about you. Do not forget to make the essays fun and exciting to the reader. However, since most of these fun facts about you will not just pop out of your head, you will gradually do it. Jot down several exciting ideas about you and progressively add this to the essay. It would be best if you tried to remember those things which you enjoy and write these down
7. With your essays, the admission officer expects to see the drive and passion behind your grades/scores/student’s successes. An article appropriately written in this regard will indicate to the officer about a student’s suitability for the university. Excellent applicants should show their writing competence.
The student should use these essays to show their intelligence on diverse interests and different skills. The extended essay prompts come with opportunities for students to give overwhelming responses. Therefore, the student should be emotionally enough to explain their significance and why Stanford should admit them.
Read More: How to Write an Essay about Family?
8. Some of the essays prompt you to state certain conditions that relate to your roommate. You could state several facts about the things that you and your roommate could do as friends. You could include several things you know will be significant to your roommate.
With this essay, you should state the essential parts of your type of personality. You could keep the piece engaging by showing some optimism about meeting your potential roommate.
9. Your essays have to contain lots of interesting, fun facts about you. Stanford often has a competitive admission process. You should ensure that the reader will find your essay worthwhile.
Do not forget that the admission officer has more than 40,000 similar articles to read. Therefore, you have to help them decide if you will fit into the school entirely. It is advisable to avoid subject matters which are vaguely cliché.
10. Students should ensure that essays also have the right content. While using appropriate content may not make a student’s application, using inappropriate content will undoubtedly harm the form. To come up with proper content, the student should consider their audience. This consideration would help them choose tasteful responses.
Furthermore, you should not overanalyze the points that you think the school admission officers would be expecting. If you write your essay this way, you stand to miss showing some individuality through your articles.
If you are inspired to begin working early on your Stanford essays, you would be able to select topics of interest. That means you would have sufficient time to prepare for your article. This sufficient time means that you shall have more polished essays.
Read More: How to Write an Essay Conclusion?
The application process of the school can be so extremely selective. Therefore, you would want to place a great emphasis on flawlessly executing the articles.