New Zealand is a small island country in the southwestern pacific ocean comprised of two main landmasses which are northland and southland and more than 700 smaller islands.
New Zealand is a developed country ranked highly in the international comparisons concerning the quality of life, education, protection of the people, government transparency, and economic freedom.
New Zealand offers the most happening and adventurous lifestyle to the students looking for excitement in their lives. It has the most brilliant open-air way of life with numerous marvelous scenes, seashores, snow-covered mountains, volcanoes, woods, and numerous other traveler destinations for the students to visit and have fun.
New Zealand offers students worldwide recognized universities providing first-class education at very affordable tuition fees.
Recently, New Zealand has noticed a consistent increase in the number of international students moving to New Zealand for studying purposes because of various reasons. More than 106,000 international students are at present attending universities in New Zealand.
In case you’re too hoping to go study in New Zealand, check out the whole article to discover how you can study in New Zealand for free.
How to study in New Zealand for free?
New Zealand is an extremely unmistakable spot concerning studying abroad for advanced education. More than 1,06,000 foreign students are studying in New Zealand as of now. Furthermore, this number expands each year by hundreds and thousands of students moving to New Zealand for studying purposes.
Studying in New Zealand colleges offers you an assortment of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in business, data innovation, designing, media communications, advanced promoting, biotechnology, drug sciences, instructing, nursing, and so forth. Not just this they likewise furnish paid-work internships and placements alongside that.
Presently, As expressed above, new Zealand colleges offer more affordable or reasonable education to their students. Be that as it may, there are a lot of grants and awards accessible for international students by the government o new Zealand and the universities also where they can apply if they have a decent scholarly record.
So, now that you have decided to study in New Zealand we are going to show you how you can study there without paying a single penny:
1. Put together your application early
Studying without paying a single penny in New Zealand requires cautious advances done conveniently. At the point when you intend to study abroad, the initial step you ought to consider is to sincerely and reliably focus on your studies.
Through your grades, evaluations, and GPA, you can construct a good academic profile to send for university affirmation.
Studying hard can likewise assist you with developing the essential abilities to live autonomously abroad. As you will manage individuals from various foundations, you should deal with your relationship-building abilities.
Now to apply for the universities you need to prepare and submit your application as early as you can do so that you could get early preference over other students.
Also, You need to be aware of all the requirements of the institution you are applying to plus the courses and the scholarships they offer.
Your application should consist of all your academic competencies and achievements.
2. Free fees initiative
The government of New Zealand gives one year of charges free education for students applying for the first time for higher studies.
But to apply for the fees-free benefit, ensure that you have your National Student Number (NSN) with you because that will make it speedier and simpler. On the off chance that you don’t have your NSN, you can check online what you need to do to get one.
If you are a New Zealand resident or inhabitant who has lived in New Zealand for a very long time and will be going to the University of Auckland direct from school, almost certainly, you will be qualified for charges free. Different classifications of inhabitants, including evacuees, may likewise be qualified.
The government with the help of the free fees initiative will settle up to $12,000 in charges to cover the educational cost, related required expenses, and necessary student administration charges, for what might be compared to one year of full-time study (commonly 120 credits).
If you are studying low maintenance, you can spread this out over a more drawn-out period.
If your expenses are more than $12,000, you should pay the rest amount from your pocket.
3. Student loans
A Student Loan assists with paying for your course expenses (the mandatory expenses charged by your schooling supplier), study materials (eg, books, PC, travel), and living expenses, however, you’ll need to repay it.
In case if you are qualified for free fees education but have also applied for a student loan, at that point you can drop or lessen the measure of your advance.
If you haven’t applied for a student loan, you will just have to apply for the living-costs partition.
What you choose to do about your credit will rely upon your conditions, for example, what different costs you need to cover and the charges that would ordinarily apply for your program.
4. Apply for a Scholarships
Grants are an incredible method to help pay your educational expenses and everyday costs.
Acquiring a grant, regardless of whether you are an undergraduate or postgraduate may mean you don’t need to figure out low-maintenance work, giving you more opportunity to pay nothing for your education abroad.
Numerous grants for international students including Ph.D. grants and grants for Masters’ certificates are offered by the New Zealand Government, different governments, educational institutions, and universities.
College grants and grants from different sorts of foundations give you an extraordinary selling point on your CV that can help you stand apart from the group.
Grants are profoundly competent yet not all depend on scholarly accomplishment some consider factors like a nation of origin, space of study or administration potential, financial backgrounds.
5. Apply to the affordable universities
If one couldn’t benefit from a grant or a loan, he/she can apply to a portion of the reasonable colleges where the educational expenses are very affordable and less troubling without compromising on the quality of academic training.
Some of the affordable colleges in New Zealand where you can apply are Massey University, Lincoln University, and the University of Canterbury.
The normal educational cost in these colleges ranges between NZ$13,000 to NZ$20,000. A portion of the programs might be more costly than others, so it is additionally fundamental for you to plan and decide about your favored field of study before applying for the university.
A low educational cost, grants to fund your schooling, and an opportunity to live in New Zealand can give you the best scholarly insight and groundwork for your career.
6. Working while studying
Working while at the same time studying can be a decent method to acquire New Zealand work insight and help support you while you’re studying abroad.
Acquiring experience in New Zealand’s working environment likewise assists you with creating abilities like communication, collaboration, timekeeping, interpersonal abilities, and work environment pertinent to English language abilities.
Manage your work hours with your studying commitments, so your studies are not interfered in anyways, and also recall that a few grants put down certain boundaries on the number of hours you can work.
New Zealand has a wide scope of ventures that offer low maintenance and easygoing work.
Paid internships are a method of acquiring industry experience and systems administration with individuals in your field of study. Completing willful work in New Zealand can likewise be an incredible expansion to your CV, giving you the helpful experience of the New Zealand work environment.
International students have similar lawful rights as any other individual working in New Zealand. These incorporate your entitlement to be paid in any event the lowest pay permitted by law paid yearly.
On the off chance that you have a Student Visa, you might have the option to work as long as 20 hours per week during study time and full-time during vacations. On the other hand, if you are a Masters’s or Ph.D. student, you may work all day.
Study Undergraduate in New Zealand for Free
Many of the top universities provide undergraduate program scholarships or entrance scholarships to international students as well as domestic students entering for the first time in their universities.
- The University of Auckland is among the top schools on the planet, positioning 81st at QS World Global University Rankings. It can likewise satisfy your fantasy of study in New Zealand free of charge. You can find many funding options available on the official website of the university, like the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship, where selected candidates get up to NZ$10,000 educational cost award.
- The Victoria University of Wellington has a few grant programs for international students. Its New Zealand Scholarship Program covers the vast majority of the participation costs, including the charges, living expenses, travel, and protection of selected applicants.
- The University of Otago also provides a few grant programs for international students available on its official site. These incorporate the New Zealand Scholarship program, a completely subsidized grant for students from chosen nations, and the Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships for foreign undergraduates, giving NZ$10,000 educational cost awards and convenience ensure.
- The Auckland University of Technology is another college that offers the New Zealand Scholarship program to worldwide undergraduates.
Study Master’s in New Zealand for Free
Having a master’s degree from one of the world-renowned universities in new Zealand will help you further in your career development. It will open a bunch of the best career opportunities for you with high salary expectations. It will hold a good reputation for you in front of your employer.
Now, Studying master’s is quite costly but nothing to worry about as most of the universities in New Zealand here provide scholarships to international students as well as the domestic students who are planning to pursue their postgraduation from these universities.
- There is a university known as Lincoln University. It has the International Taught Master Merit Scholarships, which give up to NZ$10,000 educational cost awards to effective candidates.
- International students can likewise learn at Victoria University of Wellington without paying anything through the New Zealand Scholarships. The college gives the Automatic Master’s Scholarships, which presents to NZ$17,500 educational cost award contingent upon the Master’s chosen program.
- The Auckland University of Technology is another college where you can study free of charge through the public authority subsidized New Zealand Scholarships program.
- Then comes the University of Otago which has the International Master’s Research Scholarships. It takes care of the full educational cost costs and a yearly payment of NZ$15,000.
Study Ph.D. in New Zealand for Free
On the off chance that you are looking forward to seeking Ph.D. programs in New Zealand, you can apply for scholarship study here for free through these colleges.
- The Victoria University of Wellington offers the Wellington Doctoral Scholarship for yearning doctoral up-and-comers from different countries. Fruitful candidates get a NZ$27,000 allowance yearly and full educational cost inclusion.
- The Auckland University of Technology offers its doctoral grants. It covers full educational expenses, a living payment of NZ$491 week after week, a foundation remittance of NZ$3,000, clinical protection, and travel costs. Effective candidates likewise get travel protection, financing for practical and theory costs, and airfare inclusion if they wish to visit their nation of origin between their programs.
- The University of Otago offers a few grant choices for doctoral applicants. Among these is the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship, which takes care of the educational cost costs and a month-to-month payment of NZ$27,000 yearly.
- The University of Waikato additionally has doctoral grants for worldwide understudies, which takes care of the full educational cost costs and the yearly recompense of NZ$25,000.