Europe is a renowned study destination for overseas students. Overseas students account for more than 12% of those studying in European universities and schools.
It is a one-of-a-kind environment in which to study and live a one-of-a-kind college experience. Education in Europe represents the continent’s historical importance.
Many students who want to study abroad have found universities and colleges in Europe to be appealing.
Studying in a foreign institute comes with a long list of pre-requisites that needs to be fulfilled before your admission. One of the most common and essential requirements is language proficiency test scores.
Language competence test scores are one of the most basic and relevant criteria. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the most popular English language vocabulary exam used by higher education and international migration.
We’ve compiled a list of the best countries to study in Europe, and the good news is that none of them needs IELTS or TOEFL ratings. Without IELTS, you can also obtain a master’s degree in Europe.
Eligibility Requirements for Studying in Europe without IELTS
You can study abroad in European countries without taking the IELTS or TOEFL if you can prove proficiency in the English language by proving:
- You have spent the last five years of your education studying English and English as your first language at the IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) or O level (Ordinary Level).
- You have shown excellent listening skills, and your previous education was completed entirely in English.
- If you apply to study at the same university where you earned your first degree.
- Whether you hold a degree that was taught entirely in English.
Study in Europe without IELTS
The IELTS exam ranking in Europe is excluded in the number of universities. International students are always looking for something new, and these colleges provide them with the best opportunity to do so.
Over the past decade, the number of international students coming to Europe without IELTS to study has increased significantly.
Above all, several European universities accept students who do not have IELTS.
Students can also study in Poland, Latvia, Cyprus, Estonia, and other countries without taking the IELTS exam.
As a result, studying in Europe is advantageous for students.
Many students wish to go overseas but are unable to do so due to IELTS.
As a result, countries and universities in Europe have devised a program to assist international students in completing their studies without taking an English exam.
Before we get into many countries in Europe that allow you to take admission without IELTS, let’s go through the process:
- Research and shortlist the courses and universities in Europe to which you want to apply.
- Examine all of the universities on your list and decide which one is better for your future.
- If your profile is shortlisted, you will be required to give a personal interview.
- If you pass the video interview, you will receive an acceptance letter from the institution to apply.
- The next move is to pay your tuition for the first year of the degree.
- Apply for a Student Visa and travel to your destination.
Countries that allow you to study in Europe without taking the IELTS:
1. Study in France without IELTS
The country renowned for tourism, architecture, and music is also one of Europe’s most popular study abroad destinations.
France offers various English-taught classes that do not require students to take the IELTS or other English language exams.
If you have finished your previous yet most recent education in English, universities in France have no basic qualifications for English language proficiency exams like IELTS and TOEFL.
Instead, an individual or video/skype interview may be used to test your language skills.
For example, if you completed your bachelor’s degree in your home country with English as the medium of instruction and evaluation, you can apply for a Master’s Program at one of the Top Universities in France mentioned below.
- American Business School, Paris
- EBS Paris
- EPITA Graduate School of Computer Science
- ESAIP School of Engineers
- ESC Rennes School of Business, France
- ESGCI, Paris
- ESLSCA Business School
- IESA International
- INSEEC Business School
- ISC Paris
- NEOMA Business School
- Paris School of Business
- SKEMA Business School
- Toulouse Business School
2. Study in Germany without IELTS
Germany is known not only for having the most affordable universities in Europe but also for its world-renowned technical education and manufacturing sectors.
German universities have language pathway systems that enable students to gain entry without taking a language proficiency test.
Several universities in Germany do not need IELTS scores if the student has completed prior English language schooling.
A Medium of Instruction letter is required to prove your proficiency in English speaking courses at German universities.
The letter is evidence from the former institution of research that the most recent education you received was taught in English and that the medium of instruction was English throughout.
Here are some German universities without IELTS:
- Freiburg University
- University of Bayreuth
- University of Bonn
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- University of Kassel
- University of Koblenz and Landau
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences (Hochschule Esslingen)
- Braunschweig University of Technology (TU Braunschweig)
- HCI Siegen
- Ruhr University Bochum
3. Study in Italy without IELTS:
If you want to stop taking the IELTS exam, another country to study in Europe is the land of food and fashion.
Italy has a host of top-ranked universities to brag about, and the bologna process, an effort to standardize European higher education, is named after the world’s longest-running university.
Milan is one of the best destinations for students to study abroad since it is home to the world’s oldest university, Universities in Bologna, Italy’s best student capital.
The Polytechnic University of Milan is currently Italy’s top-ranked university. Additionally, it offers English-taught classes. If you can demonstrate that the medium of Language for your bachelor’s degree was English, you would be disqualified from taking IELTS and TOEFL; however, the bachelor’s program you completed must be three years or more. List of universities in Italy that do not need IELTS are:
- University of Turin
- University of Genoa
- University of Trento
- University of Naples Federico II
- Polytechnic University of Milan
- University of Pisa
- University of Roma
- John Cabot University
- Sapienza University of Rome
- University of Padua
Study in Sweden without IELTS:
Sweden is another choice for pursuing your European studies dreams. Lund University, the country’s top-rated university, is ranked 92nd in the world.
The applicant’s home country determines the IELTS exemption requirements in Sweden.
Much of the time, you are entitled to apply if your previous degree in education (at least more than a year) was completed in English.
Indian students who have completed a bachelor’s degree in English may qualify for master’s Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Natural Sciences programs. The exception is information technology. Top Swedish Universities without IELTS:
- Lund University,
- Uppsala University
Study in Belgium without IELTS
Belgium is an underappreciated Study Abroad location.
Brussels is a hub for multinational networking.
The university we are about, Ghent University, was established in 1817 and is currently ranked 125th globally. Ghent University allows students to study in Belgium without having to take the IELTS exam.
The University is well-known for its courses in life sciences and veterinary medicine.
The only requirement for proving your English Language Proficiency is that you have completed a year of schooling in which English was the medium of instruction. University in Belgium without IELTS:
- Ghent University
Study in Poland without IELTS:
Poland, like Belgium, is a lesser-known Study Abroad destination.
It not only provides outstanding education and science, but you can also stay and work after finishing your studies in Poland.
Jagiellonian University, established in 1364, is one of the world’s oldest universities.
You are entitled to apply for the University if you are a graduate student who has completed his most recent studies in the English language and where the medium of instruction was English.
Poland university list without IELTS:
- Warsaw University of Technology
- Jagiellonian University
- Adam Mickiewicz University
Study in Spain without IELTS
Spain is one of the most prominent countries in Europe, with a diverse range of academic and national environments for international students. You can study in this lovely country without having to take the IELTS test.
To teach in Spanish universities without IELTS, you must meet one of the following criteria.
- You must be a native speaker.
- You must have evidence of Spanish proficiency.
- You should take a Spanish prep course.
- A diploma from a Spanish Language School is required.
- You must have another globally recognized certificate of English proficiency. Universities in Spain that do not need IELTS :
- UniverUniversity of Valencia
- The University of Salamanca.
- sidad Antonio de Nebrija
- Pablo de Olavide University
Study in Latvia without IELTS
Latvia is a great country in Europe for providing world-class education.
It is one of the best destinations for international students due to its clean and friendly cities.
Here are several alternatives to taking IELTS if you choose to enrol at a Latvian university:
- Students who are native English speakers can study without having to take an English proficiency test.
- Students who have finished primary/secondary/vocational/higher education in English or who have enrolled in English as full-time students for at least one year in countries where English is one of the official languages may certify English language proficiency.
- Students who do not have a valid English test score will be eligible to enrol in English courses at Latvian University. List of Lativa university without ILETS:
- Daugavpils University
- University of Latvia
- Riga Technical University
- Riga Stradins University
- University of Liepaja
- Ventspils University College
Study in Norway without IELTS
Options for studying at universities in Europe without IELTS are plentiful, and Norway is included in the list.
Higher education in Norway is well-known for its outstanding academics, practical learning, and teaching practices.
If you do not have IELTS, you can fulfil the English language criteria.
- Completed one year at every university in an English-speaking country, such as the United States, Ireland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom.
- Previous education was completed at a university where English was the primary element of the course of study. List of Norway University without IELTS:
- Norwegian University of Science And Technology
- University of Oslo
- University of Bergen
Study in Finland without IELTS
You should also have Finland on your list of study abroad options if you do not have an IELTS. Students must provide evidence that they can communicate effectively in English. Other than IELTS, students have the following choices for securing a place in Finnish universities:
- English is the student’s first language.
- The student’s previous educational degree must have been taught in English at every university in the EU/EEA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or America.
Study in Denmark without IELTS
Denmark has some of the best universities globally for international students to study without having to have an IELTS ranking.
However, this is only possible if they can demonstrate that they have at least an intermediate degree of English proficiency.
Many Danish universities often welcome students from English-speaking countries or those who have earned a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following English-speaking countries:
- United States of America
- New Zealand
However, students who can provide evidence of English proficiency at an equal level can contact the institution’s International Admission Office to determine if their English level is appropriate.
Why Study in Europe?
- The opportunity to see the globe is the most compelling reason to study in Europe. You will encounter a brand-new country with fascinating new experiences, customs, and activities by learning here.
- It provides the opportunity to visit the host country’s new grounds, natural wonders, museums, and landmarks.
- Furthermore, when you study abroad, you will not be limited to just visiting the country in which you are studying–you will be able to visit neighbouring countries as well! If you study in Europe, you will have the opportunity to fly across the continent.
- In European universities, students have to pay meagre tuition fees. In Europe, living costs are still relatively modest.
- By studying in Europe, you will experience all facets of life, such as nature and harmony, recreational sports, and a cosmopolitan and metropolitan lifestyle.
- Another factor you should consider studying in Europe is the chance to learn from different educational types. You would be able to see a side of the major you would not have been exposed to in your home country.
- You will learn that fully immersing yourself in your host country’s educational system is a fantastic way to truly experience and comprehend the people, customs, and history. Education is at the heart of every study abroad experience.
- Studying in Europe is more than just seminars and libraries; it is also a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience new countries and yourself! From the icy north to the sun-drenched south, Europe awaits you with breathtaking scenery, bustling villages, and diverse communities.
- European countries invest in their higher education programs to help students afford education while retaining high-quality standards. Tuition and living rates in Europe are very competitive as compared to other research destinations.
- In reality, in some European countries, research programs are entirely free! There are several grants and financial aid programs available as well.
- In addition, after you complete your study abroad experience and return home, you will have a new outlook on life, language skills, an excellent education, and a desire to learn.
- Both of these are pretty appealing to potential employers.
- Studying in Europe will provide you with more than just an excellent education. When you study abroad, you will learn a language and immerse yourself in local cultures that are so rich that you would want to return for more.
- Universities guarantee to supply you with the European insight you need while still providing you with all of the benefits of studying abroad. Students should trust devoted tutors to provide them with the best level of instruction.
- Many students fall in love with their host country and plan to stay and work there. If you can relate, you can discover that a local education will be beneficial when looking for a potential career in that area.
- Many students may never have the chance to go overseas for an extended period again. You will eventually find a job and a career, and the chance to study abroad could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Take advantage of this unique opportunity to fly around the globe with no obligations other than research and learn about new cultures. The taste of studying abroad is unlike any other.
You may also apply for several scholarships in Europe that do not require IELTS and continue your studies there.
It is possible to obtain a research visa in Europe without having to take the IELTS exam. Remember that these are the best European study destinations, with only top universities listed.
There are several universities in Europe’s 50 countries where you can study overseas without taking IELTS.
On the other hand, the admission conditions and English language qualifications vary depending on the university and the courses. Before applying, carefully review the course requirements.