Are you running short of time to study for your exams? No worries, this blog will suggest to you some of the best ways to study for your exam in less time.
Preparing for your exams requires a lot of time and effort, and if you have less time, you would have to put more effort into it.
There are many techniques or methods which you can apply or follow yourself to clear your upcoming exam without spending long working hours cramming things.
- The very first step you need to follow is to organize yourself. Don’t waste your time later in looking for the missing books or notes and set up everything before beginning with your studies
- It’s okay if you can’t dedicate too much time to studying. You can prepare yourself even without studying for long hours. All you have to do is make a proper timetable and allot some of your fixed hours for studying according to your convenience.
- Make proper notes. Write down everything you think is vital for the exam or will be in the exam and those things that carry higher marks in the exam and begin with it.
- Ensure that the time at which you are studying, you see no distractions in front of you. Turn off your notifications if you use social media, close your doors and windows in case you hear sounds from outside, eliminate everything from your room which you think could distract you in any way.
- Also, If you feel emotionally disturbed or distracted in any way, you won’t be able to study or learn effectively. So to deal with your emotions, try doing meditation for at least 15-20 minutes every day in the morning or before studying; it will help you feel fresh and less distracted by your emotions.
- Always start your day with something positive, go out to your balcony and have fresh air with some coffee, try avoiding your mobile for the very first hour after waking up, do any prayers if you want, spend time with your family, etc. Do anything you like to stay positive and maintain that positive mindset throughout your day.
- Most importantly, try not to stress about your exams. Typically, students take too much stress from their exams until they end up in bad health because of this unhealthy stress, so you make sure that you do not panic or stress over your exams.
Study in intervals
- Studying for long hours without breaks and cramming everything will help and only cause you stress. So to study effectively, you have to focus more on how you study and not how long you study.
- Shorter study sessions with regular breaks can keep you off stress and will help you in learning effectively.
- Try studying in intervals like study for an hour and if you feel like taking a rest then take a 5-10 minutes break and relax your mind and body; in this way, your mind will be able to work better and faster, and you will begin to concentrate more productively.
Don’t multitask while studying
- Multitasking can be your worst enemy when you are preparing for your exams. It will distract your attention from the study materials when you all should be doing is focus on your study.
- Multitasking can worsen your performance and end up with negative exam results, which you don’t want to happen, right? So try not to multitask when studying and only and only concentrate on your studies.
- And, If you have something urgent to do, you can’t avoid it first and then begin with your study. Ensure you have no obligations left to do when you sit for studying because that won’t let you study with your best potential.
Practice as much as you can
- The best way to retain the information you memorized just now is to work on it, practice it as much as you can.
- Make use of the mock exams, self-quizzes, or practice exams to learn information more effectively.
- And if you have a practical exam to clear, then you would have to double your practice because only by practising you will be able to improve your performance
Determine how you learn best
- Some students prefer studying early in the morning, some stay up till late at night to study, some learn things while reading aloud, or some learn reading it silently, some learn from the textbooks better, or some learn from the video lectures better.
- Every student has their way of studying, and copying someone else’s learning style won’t help. So firstly, find your learning style and work accordingly.
- Identify your study preferences, think of something or somewhere, study in peace, allow you to learn better, and then create your ideal study space.
- It says that writing makes you learn and memorize things more quickly. So do make notes of everything you learn or study; also, consider rewriting your notes if you have enough time because repetition helps in recalling things more effectively.
- And, If you are using someone else’s notes to study, then make sure to put them in your own words and then learn because writing in your language helps your mind catch things quickly.
- Also, always outline or highlight the things which you think of utmost importance in your notes.
Preparing for your exams in a concise period seems quite challenging, but nothing is impossible if you are determined to do it
You need a proper strategy before beginning to study.
Also, don’t forget to focus on your health while studying, keeping a check on your body and mind, feeding yourself properly, and drinking plenty of water per day.