Studying in Finland has always been a dream of many students. Finland is an amazing place for all the students as they have a lot of famous universities there. Finland has been the best country to live as per the survey reports for the third time in a row.
There are a lot of students who are considering to apply for a student visa in Finland. It is advisable to go through all the process of applying for the same. A minor mistake can take away your chance to study in Finland.
You need to prepare yourself now as it takes more than three months to get your visa approved before your arrival. It is really important to be prepared with all the necessary details regarding your visa.
Procedure to Apply for Student Visa in Finland
- Fill your application Form– The first step towards your Finland Study visa is to fill your application form. You need to be careful while filling this form as it will decide the approval of your residence for the study visa.
- Visit the Embassy– The next step is to visit the embassy after taking a proper appointment from them. You will need to go through the verification process there.
- Pay your application fees– You need to pay the application fee of your student visa so that they can proceed it.
- Check the status– After doing all these things, you will receive a notification from the Finland Embassy. They will tell you about the status of your application form. If you get selected, you can get your residence. But if they reject your application form, then you can check the reason and apply again after resolving it.
Note: Please know that you should not apply for a student visa unless you get your offer letter from the university.
There are two different procedures for students applying for a study visa in Finland. There is the same procedure for all the European Union countries and a different procedure for all other countries.
If you are From a European Union country, then this process is easier for you than for the rest of the world. The EU residence does not need to provide a residence permit to study in Finland. However, if you are staying for more than three months, then you will need to register a right for residence in Finland.
This is a simple process and does not require much time to apply for a student visa. It includes countries such as Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark.
All the students applying from any other country will have to get a residence permit. It can be a time-consuming process, and the whole procedure depends on the immigration embassy and its selection process.
People from visa-free countries can study in Finland for three months without any problem. Then they will have to proceed with the original procedure after three months.
However, there is an exemption for those who have a student visa for any other European Union country. They can apply to study in Finland and will not have to go through the whole procedure again.
- A valid passport
- Offer letter from the university
- Coloured passport size photo
- Educational documents
- Proof of residence
- Identity proof
- Health insurance
- Emergency funds
You can apply for a study visa in Finland if you have all these documents ready. Finland has created an easy to use the portal for all the students. There the students can get all the necessary information regarding the study visa at a single platform. You can check the requirements there and apply accordingly.
Students can not apply for a Finland or any other European Union country Student visa unless they have an offer letter from a university. It is advisable to apply for a visa after you get an offer letter from one or more universities in Finland.
You can visit their official website portal to know more about the whole student visa process.