Dubai is a magical land full of beauty, luxuries, and comfort at its best. No wonder so many tourists from all over the world visit this city every year. A place made for kings and queens, Dubai is the ultimate tourist destination for those who are fond of exploring exciting places of interest, looking at beautiful things and people, and eating all kinds of exotic food.
If you wish to visit Dubai for a vacation, you will need to get a tourist visa first. Here is everything you need to know about getting your tourist visa for Dubai.
Table of Contents
What Is a Dubai Tourist Visa?
A Dubai tourist visa allows entry to those individuals coming from other countries to visit Dubai. They must apply for a Dubai tourist visa if they are not eligible for visa-free entry into Dubai, or do not qualify for a visa on arrival. Anyone from all around the world can apply for this visa.
However, it should be noted that women below the age of 18 cannot apply for the Dubai tourist visa if they are travelling alone or not with their parents.
Read More: How Many Types of Visa?
The Types of Dubai Tourist Visa
Depending upon how long you are planning on staying in Dubai, you will have to apply to different kinds of tourist visas. They are:
- Transit Visa (96 hours)
- Tourist Visa for 14 days
- Tourist Visa for 30 days
- Tourist Visa for 90 days
In general, these documents mentioned below are what you will need for applying for your Dubai tourist visa. However, keep in mind that depending upon where you are applying from, the duration of your stay, or intention for a visit, you might be asked to provide some additional documents.
- Your passport which is valid for at least six months
- A scanned colour copy of your passport size photographs taken against a white background
- A scanned colour copy of the first page and last page of your passport
- Confirmed return air ticket (not compulsory)
While these are just the primary documents that you require, you will be asked to provide certain additional materials as well. You can get help from a consultant or an expert at the visa office, or even online, to guide you with the rest of the documents and the process.
Renewing Your Dubai Tourist Visa
You can extend your Dubai tourist visa at least two times, for 30 days each time. It is essential to send in your application for renewing your tourist visa well in advance so that the authorities have a chance to approve it.
Read More: How to Apply for a UK Visa from India?
You can renew your application without leaving the country as well. Each time that you wish to renew your tourist visa, you will have to pay 600 AED and will also have to apply for it before the expiry of your first tourist visa.
In case a tourist does not renew their tourist visa beforehand and overstays in Dubai, they will be required to pay a fine of 100 AED per day. However, this is calculated only ten days after the expiry of the initial visa.
The extension or renewal of the tourist visa does not apply to specific categories:
- Those on 96-hour transit visa for special missions
- Those individuals on the special entry permit
- Any visitor or tourist who are residents in GCC countries
- Any resident accompanying GCC nationals
How to Apply for a Dubai Tourist Visa?
- It is vital to have all of the necessary documents arranged beforehand so that you can easily apply for your Dubai tourist visa. You can choose to do this online, in an easy process. You can also visit your visa office in your country and apply for your tourist visa for Dubai.
- Download your visa application form online, or get the physical form from the visa office in your country. Fill it up carefully, and in case of any doubts, be sure to ask for help from the professionals. Once you have filled everything up, attach the documents, along with your passport size photographs. You will also need to pay the application fees along with your visa application. You can either do this online or at the visa office.
- Submit your documents and visa application, and wait for the time it takes to process this. If you want to check the status of your application, you can always go online and check the progress. Once your visa has been approved, you will be notified via email and SMS. You can choose to download your permission online and print it out, or you can visit your visa office and get your tourist visa.
Getting a Tourist Visa Though an Agency or Hotel
In many cases, certain travel agencies and hotels can also provide you with a tourist visa, provided you have booked your stay with the particular hotel throughout your stay in Dubai.
The same applies to travel agencies in your country- you can apply for any kind of tourist package available through your travel agency and a local tour operator. They will also provide you with a tourist visa for Dubai.
It is vital to ensure the authenticity of the travel agent, travel agency, and the hotel, before sending any copies of your official documents for them. It is quite easy to commit fraud, and you should research thoroughly and be 100% sure of their authenticity before you apply through them.
You should also note that the UAE embassies do not issue any tourist visas to travellers. It is only the UAE based airlines, hotels, or a tour agency who do this. They will apply on your behalf to the official visa-issuing authorities.
It is quite easy as well as a fast process to apply for a tourist visa for Dubai. Make sure that you confirm the kind of visa you need to use for, and also take any help from experts if you require it. Apply a few weeks in advance for your tourist visa so that it is ready once you wish to travel.