Sleeping properly makes us feel fresh and energetic. Many students plan to study at night to prepare for the next day exam, but after trying all possible ways, they feel to sleep in between studying, and this hampers their planning.
It becomes complicated to avoid sleep and to struggle to stay awake becomes more difficult for students when they plan to study late at night. There can be many reasons to fall asleep while studying at night or afternoon and to fix these issues below mentioned methods can be tried to keep you awake while studying.
- Avoid Studying in Bed: Sitting position matters a lot while studying or writing something. The chair will give your back support which pillow cannot. Keeping books on the table and sitting on a chair will give the feeling of studying, and the learning process will be quick.
- Studying on a bed will give you lazy sense as you will feel the most comfortable there. So, the best practice is to sit on a chair with legs resting on the floor and books on the table.
- Being Uncomfortable: Avoid getting too comfortable while studying like using leg cushions or pillows. Luxuries or comfort things will only distract the pattern or rhythm of studying. Sitting on the floor on legs will be uneasy for the body, but by this method, students can keep comfort at bay and concentrate more on studies. If you need more focus on studies, then be uncomfortable.
- Keep the Body Hydrated: Drinking water during the study will keep you refresh, so while you are sitting to study keep a bottle of water nearby and sip it after every 30 minutes. Keeping body dehydrated makes you feel lazy and sleepy. Consuming water in the intervals will keep the brain hydrated and increase the captivating power. It will also bring the urge to urinate, and this will give you a short break from study.
- Lights ON: Studying under the table lamp with all other views off will only attract laziness. It gives you a comfortable ambience, which is not good to stay awake for studies. Thus, it is recommended that always study with room lights on.
- Say NO to the Heavy Meal: Heavy meal always encourages laziness, and it is not suggested to sit for studying after a heavy meal. Lethargic feeling finishes the retention power and thus will make you distracted from the study. It doesn’t mean that you should starve, take a small meal at regular intervals and this will help you to concentrate more on studies.
- Early to Bed is the Best Formula: Late night study can be challenging for many students; it is best to follow the mantra of early to bed and early to rise. Sleeping early will help to cover the sleeping and resting time for the body and the brain. In this way, you will tend to wake up early and fresh. With a fresh mind, if you sit and study, it will help to remember everything easily. It will keep you fresh and active the whole day and makes your concentration power more strong to remember any information.
- Walk Around and Study Loudly: While studying when you feel sleepy, then do some walks around the room, this will make you stay awake. The body gets tired sitting in the same position, and it needs some break, so walking between studying will give motion to the body. Reading loudly will also help to stay awake and listening to your voice will improve concentration.
Following these tips will make you feel more focused and avoid sleeping during your studies.