Canada is a popular tourist spot for many reasons; the astoundingly beautiful places to visit, the different kinds of food and drink options to try out, and of course, the beautiful things you can do there.
As a tourist, you will need to apply for a Canadian tourist visa. Nowadays, the process has become far more simplified, where you can easily apply for your visa online. However, if you wish to, you can also do it from the Visa office in your country.
What Is a Canadian Tourist Visa?
A visitor visa, also known as a Canada tourist visa or a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is an official document which is issued by the Canadian visa office. This document is placed in the individual’s passport to show that he/she has met all the requirements which allow them temporary residency in Canada.
Read More: Why Study If You Can Get Work Visa in Canada
How Long Can You Stay in Canada with a Tourist Visa?
With this Temporary Resident Visa or the Canada tourist visa, the individual will be allowed to stay for six months in the country. In some cases, the officer will allow an individual or a group of individuals to remain in Canada for less than six months.
In this case, the period within which they must leave Canada will be explicitly specified in the passport. For those who wish to apply for an extension of their stay, they have to use at least 30 days before the authorized end of their stay.
Who Needs to Apply for a Canadian Tourist Visa?
If you are not a citizen of Canada or a permanent resident, you will need to apply for a Canadian tourist visa if you wish to visit the country. You may visit Canada for various purposes, such as:
- Visiting friends or relatives
- Conducting business
Documentation Required for Applying for Canada Tourist Visa:
You will need to have some essential documentation ready when you wish to apply for the visa. Here is what you need. Keep in mind that you may be asked to provide additional documentation, depending upon your country from where you are applying.
Read More: How to Get a Student Visa for Canada?
- An original valid passport (the passport should have at least two blank pages) with at least two recent passport size pictures
- The passport size photographs should be in a white background with no borders. The image should be only in a semi-matte or matte finish and should have full coverage of the face, without the hair covering the ears or eyebrows. The individual’s name and date of birth should also be mentioned behind the photograph. The photo should have been clicked somewhere in the past three months, and should not have been used in any other visa.
- Bank statements show proof of transactions for the past six months.
- Proof of your ties to your own home country
- Adequate proof or evidence for the officer that you will be staying in Canada only for a temporary basis
- A letter of invitation from the person who has invited you to Canada
- ID proof such as country resident card or passport
- Proof of funds for your brief stay in Canada
How Can You Apply for a Canadian Tourist Visa?
Here are the steps which you need to follow to apply for your Canada tourist visa:
- Download all the appropriate forms which you need for applying, or visit the Visa office and get all the necessary physical ways you require
- Check all the relevant boxes and options and clearly state your reason for the visit to Canada
- Fill out the application form very carefully and attach all the documents which you need to, along with your passport size photographs
- Fill the VHS consent form after you have read through all the privacy policies, etc.
- Pay your Visa application fees as per the Canadian High Commission Office
- Visit your nearest Canadian Visa Application Centre (CVAC) and then submit all the documents along with your visa application, after you make the payment
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Canada Tourist Visa?:
Read More: How Many Types of Visa?
- It would help if you had a valid passport
- You should be in good health (you must take a medical examination beforehand)
- You should be able to provide proof that you have adequate funds or resources to pay for all your expenses while you are in Canada
- You should also be able to prove that you have a residence outside Canada along with other binding ties that will ensure your return back to that place after your stay in Canada
- You should be able to prove that you will be staying only temporarily in Canada for a specified period
- You should not have any criminal record
- You intend to leave Canada at the end of your visit or before your visa expires
- You do not have the intention to seek or undertake employment while you are staying in Canada
- You do not pose a security threat to Canada
- You should agree to abide by the laws of the country
Fortunately, you can now apply for your Canada tourist visa online instead of doing it in person, if that is more convenient to you.
THere are a few different types of Canada tourist visas. Depending upon your duration of stay as well as your intention, you will be eligible to apply for different types of visas. These types are:
- Tourist visa or visitors visa
- Students visa
- Work visa
- Temporary Resident Visa
In case you require any help and assistance, you can always contact the experts through the helpline or visit the visa office. You need to make sure that you have all of your documents ready before you apply for your Canada tourist visa.
It would be best if you also asked for your visa several weeks before your intended date of visit. Keep in mind that it will take some time for your visa application to be processed.
However, you can always track the status and progress of your visa application online. According to where you are applying from (your country of origin), the documents you require may vary.