Australia, the ‘land down under,’ has an array of mind-boggling things to do once you are there, places to visit, and some of the most mouth-watering cuisines and restaurants for you to explore.
No wonder it attracts tourists like a magnet. To gain entry into this beautiful land, you will first have to get a tourist visa. Depending upon your preference, you can either opt to get the process done online, or you can visit the visa office and get it done there.
In any case, you can always ask for any help and guidance that you might need.
If you are looking to visit Australia for a vacation, either alone, with friends or family, here is everything you need to know about getting an Australian tourist visa.
What Is an Australian Tourist Visa?
An Australian tourist visa allows people from other countries to enter Australia either for tourism or business purposes. You cannot apply for your Australian tourist visa on your own.
Read More: How to Get a Tourist Visa for Dubai?
You will need the help of an authorized agent for this process. This visa is an official document which you will need to carry along with you to the airport and show it to the officials.
Required Documents for Australian Tourist Visa
Typically, the documents stated below are what you will need to provide when you are applying for your Australian tourist visa. However, you may be asked to provide additional documents depending upon your country of origin, the purpose of visit, or any other factors which the officials might deem necessary.
Here are the documents you will need to provide:
- Your original passport with at least a validity of 6 months. The passport should have at least two blank pages. You will also need to provide a notarized photocopy of your entire passport.
- Your Australian tourist visa application form 1419
- Two recent passport size photographs of your face, ensuring that at least 80% of your face is visible. You need to ensure that your hair does not cover your eyebrows or your ears. The photograph should come in a matte or a semi-matte finish only. It should have a white background with no borders.
- A cover letter was written by you explaining the intention of your trip and travel plan
- Original and updated bank statements of the last six months, along with attestation. In case you provide an online statement, it should have a bank seal on it.
- Your income tax returns or form 16 for the last three years
- Your flight tickets
- Hotel reservations
- In case of a student applying for the visa, you will also have to provide a no-objection certificate from your school or university
- In case you are self-employed, you will have to give a certificate of proprietorship or any other proof of ownership
How Can You Apply for an Australian Tourist Visa?
Here is the step by step process that you need to follow to apply for your Australian tourist visa-
You can visit a visa office and get all of your documents ready first. At the visa office, you will get your visa application form, which you need to fill up very carefully.
Make sure that you provide all of the necessary information correctly, and you also have all the documents required. You will also be asked to provide two passport size photographs of yourself in colour.
Carry the visa processing fee with you, and pay this, along with your documents and application fee.
Read More: How to Apply for Canada Tourist Visa?
You will be instructed to wait for a few days for your application to be processed. During this time, you can go on the visa website and check the status and progress of your visa application.
Once your visa processing is complete, you will be notified. You can now log into the website and download your visa online. You will have to print this out and carry it with you when you go to the airport.
You can also complete the visa application process online.
Visit the correct, authorized website where you can apply for your Australian tourist visa online. Put in all the necessary details, along with uploading all of your essential documents.
You can check the progress of your visa application online. Once your visa has been approved, you will be notified by an email or an SMS. You can then download and print out your visa.
You can always take help from the authorized experts online or the visa office. They can help you with several essential processes, such as:
- Booking your appointment
- Writing of the covering letter
- Any assistance you need with filling up the visa application form
- Handling and the courier submission to the respective embassies
- Your passport size photograph was taken as per the Australian visa specifications
Do You Need to Undergo Health or Medical Examination When Applying for an Australian Tourist Visa?
In case you are required to take some medical examination after you have submitted your Australian visa application, you will be notified by the Australian High Commission on your email address directly, or on the email address of the Authorized Person. You will also be notified explicitly as to what tests you are required to undertake.
Read More: How Many Types of Visa?
In case you have to undergo a medical examination, you will need to carry a copy of your passport, along with the printout of the email you received from the Australian High Commission.
The doctor will then have to send the medical report to the Australian High Commission, after which the High Commission will decide the status of your visa application.
Typically, those who are 75 years and above have to undergo a medical and health examination, and will also have to provide medical insurance.
These are the simple steps that you need to take to apply for an Australian tourist visa. You can always contact the officers at the visa office in case you require any assistance or need help with any of the steps mentioned above. Make sure that you submit your visa application well in time, and a few weeks before you are to travel to Australia.