Are you looking for financial aids to study abroad? Then, here’s an excellent opportunity to apply for the International Student Scholarships. The university will be providing the funds for incoming freshmen and transfer students from around the world.
Hollins University arranged these funds to assist talented and deserving students in their academic careers. These funds will be available for students to pay for their educational expenses such as tuition, fees, or books.
Hollins University is a private university located in Hollins, Virginia. Established in 1842 as Valley Union Seminary in the historical settlement of Botetourt Springs, it is one of the oldest institutions of higher education for women in the United States. Hollins enrols about 800 undergraduate and graduate students. As Virginia’s first chartered women’s college, undergraduate programs are female-only. Men are admitted to the graduate-level programs.
The aspirants must meet up with the given eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The aspirants must be international student.
- Open to International students joining their community as first-year students, transfer students, or exchange students.
- Must be taking admission at the university for any of the degree programs
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarship is available for studying any degree program in the given fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Hollins University?
Hollins is one of the earliest colleges in the country to commit to a robust study abroad program’s importance and educational value. The university also offers more than 20 ways to see the world, including faculty-led plans. Their strong tradition of study abroad begins with their program, Hollins Abroad London.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Hollins awards scholarships starting at USD 20,000 per year for international students with previous, demonstrated academic success.
- The recipients will get help to overcome their financial barriers and pay for their educational expenses with the funds’ help.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, applicants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students can start by completing the Common Application online. After submitting the application for admission, students may continue your application’s progress and receipt of supporting documents via their myHollins portal. A username and password will be automatically generated once students begin their application for admission. A counsellor will reach out via email to advise you on the next steps.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- The SAT and ACT are encouraged but optional for first-year applicants applying to the class of 2025.
- List the courses are taken, and grades received in each grading period during the secondary school years.
- Must include your secondary school’s official stamp or seal.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counsellor at their school.
- If student’s native language isn’t English, they must submit a recommendation from their most recent English instructor.
- The recommendation should state the content of your English course work and the level of proficiency you have achieved.
- Aspirants must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country or curriculum you studied.
- Students that get into Hollins have an average SAT score between 1070-1300 or an average ACT score of 22-30.
Through the International Programs office, international students can assist with their F-1 visas, guidance on federal immigration regulations and support for students pursuing post-graduation employment (OPT). If students are a current F-1 student in the U.S. accepted to Hollins, please complete an F-1 Transfer-In Form and return it back to Danielle Davis.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: 1-800-456-9595 or e-mail us at [email protected]
University location: 7916 Williamson Rd, Roanoke, VA 24020, United States