The Holland Scholarships has been jointly funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science the Dutch academic applied sciences, and the Dutch research universities to support the International Students. Grants are eligible for the academic year 2021-2022.
The Holland Scholarships is intended for International students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands. The scholarship amounts to € 5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, and Technology is the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, Science, Studies, Gender Equality, and Communications. The Ministry was established as the Ministry of Education, Arts and Sciences in 1918 and changed its name several times until it became the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in 1994. The mission of the ministry is to “work for a smart, able and creative Netherlands”
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The Candidate nationality is non-EEA.
- The Candidates are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programs at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- The Candidate meets the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution.
- The Candidates does not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying bachelor’s and master degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study in the Netherlands?
Dutch research of Universities With the country’s esteemed standard of education and the comparatively low cost of living, studying in the Netherlands would give you a real value for income. In addition, several Dutch institutions offer grants and scholarships that can minimize or entirely fund the school costs of the programs of study.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The scholarship amounts to € 5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies. Please note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship.
- The grant is awarded for 1 year and can only be received once.
- Pursuing a course of study in Holland will help a student develop important life skills besides a successful career.
- Students will be ensured a safe and secure environment when they study in Holland.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To be taken the educational awards, applicants are required to register in bachelor’s master degree programs via student link.
Step 2: Apply for scholarship
To apply for scholarships, candidates must fill out the application forms for various faculties.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
- Applicants must hold bachelor degree certificate at the time of admission.
You must apply for a long-stay visa (MVV) and a VVR for studying at VU Amsterdam if you are a non-EU citizen. If these apply to you, we suggest that you contact the immigration officer.
You will also be exempt from an entry visa and possibly from a Netherlands Residence permit if you have a valid residence permit for training purposes in another EU Schengen country.
Application deadline: 1 February 2021 or 1 May 2021.
Contact address: 31 (0)70 – 426 03 60
University location: Nuffic PO Box 297772502 LT The Hague The Netherlands