Applications are currently acceptable for the Undergraduate Merit Award introduced the Heriot-Watt University. The students who will be eligible to apply for the scholarship funds are incoming international aspirants applying for any undergraduate degree program.
Heriot-Watt University will be distributing multiple awards to students with high academic records. The recipients of the scholarship program will get a chance to overcome their financial barriers and complete their studies with ease.
Heriot-Watt University is a public research university located in Edinburgh, Scotland. The university was founded in 1821 as the School of Arts of Edinburgh, the world’s first mechanics’ institute, and granted university status by royal charter in 1966. It is also the eighth oldest higher education institute in the UK. Known for its focus on science and engineering, it is one of the 39 old universities within the UK comprising the second cluster of elite universities after Oxbridge.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Must be domiciled in an international country at the time of application and classified as an overseas student for fee purposes, starting a full-time on-campus programme of study
- Must beSelf-funding their course
- Must be holding an offer to pursue a full-time undergraduate degree course starting in September 2021.
- Applicants who defer their offers beyond September 2021 will not be eligible
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open for studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Heriot-Watt University?
As one of the most progressive and international universities located in Scotland, you will have the opportunity to thrive, both personally and academically, during your time with us. 95% of Heriot-Watt students are in employment or further study within six months of graduation, and they are ranked joint 17th in the UK and 1st in Scotland for graduate salaries.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The University will be distributing multiple scholarships to outstanding aspirants to help them in covering their educational expenses.
- The award is applied as a discount to the tuition fee and cannot be used in place of the deposit.
- The university has scholarships with an overall value of half a million pounds available for self-funded students, who will start studying at Heriot-Watt University in September 2021.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for the scholarships, aspirants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
There is no additional application process for this scholarship. All students applying for an undergraduate degree at the university will be automatically considered for the award. Students can apply for admission through the below link.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country or curriculum you studied.
- For most subjects, we require 70% overall in year 12 state board high school examinations and at least 70% in the relevant subjects.
- For Computer Science programs, we require 65% overall in year 12 state board high school examinations with 65% for Maths.
The scholarship fund will be shown on the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) issued for your Tier 4 Student Visa application. The University requires all students on our University Student Residence Visa to have medical insurance for the duration of their study. A copy of the insurance documents must be submitted with the application. Alternatively, students may purchase the University’s medical insurance at an additional cost.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +44 131 449 5111
University location: Campus The Avenue, Edinburgh EH14 4AS, United Kingdom