Are you looking for financial aids to accomplish your higher studies? Then, here’s an opportunity to apply for the bursary organized by Heriot-Watt University. The applications are open for England, Wales or N. Ireland students looking forward to pursuing undergraduate courses at the university.
Heriot-Watt University will give away enormous funds to highly talented students according to their household income. The funds will help them in covering their tuition, fees and living allowance.
Table of Contents
Heriot-Watt University is known as a public research university based in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was founded in 1821 as the School of Arts of Edinburgh, the world’s first mechanics’ institute, and subsequently granted university status by royal charter in 1966. The university is the eighth oldest higher education institute in the UK. The name Heriot-Watt has inherited from Scottish inventor James Watt and Scottish philanthropist and goldsmith George Heriot.
The candidate must meet up with the given eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be England, Wales or N. Ireland students.
- Applicants must be full-time students
- Candidates on years with an exchange, placement, sandwich or inter-campus transfer will still be eligible for the bursary during placements.
- Applicants repeating years will be eligible for the bursary if their course load makes them a full-time student.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarship is available to studying an undergraduate degree program in the mentioned fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Heriot-Watt University?
By joining Heriot-Watt, you will get to benefit from new teaching experiences in an exciting new environment. The experience will provide you with new learning experiences and the opportunity to develop academically and personally. You’ll gain experience of a new culture, helping you become more globally literate. Students will be empowered to make new friends, get involved in new and exciting social opportunities and be a true ambassador for your country.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- There will be three levels of support depending on household income as assessed by student finance:
- If the household income is between £0 and £25,000, there will be an award of £3,100 towards living costs will be available
- If household income range from £25,001 and £35,000, there will be an award of £2,100 towards living costs will be available
- If household income range from £35,001 and £42,600, there will be an award of £1,100 towards living costs will be available
- Only full-time students liable to pay £9,250 tuition fees and assessed as ‘Rest of UK’ for fees purposes are eligible to be assessed for the bursary.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, candidates are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible students do not need to complete an application form as these awards will be made automatically as long as Student Finance has carried out a financial assessment. Applicants must also give Student Finance consent for information to be shared with the university to pay the bursary to be made.
Apply for admission
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Students must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and also meet the general admission criteria following the country or curriculum you studied.
- Admission to their programmes is by individual assessment experience and skills are valued alongside formal qualifications. They look for evidence of motivation, understanding of the aims of a proposed study, referees’ reports.
- Applications from foreign students and accept qualifications from all over the world. Please refer to the entry requirements for your country for more details.
Students from outside the UAE will need to apply for a Student Residence Visa. All students requiring a student visa must fill and submit the Student Visa Form and the Student Undertaking Letter. Once the student is accepted the offer of admission, cleared all academic conditions (if any) and submitted all appropriate financial documentation, the process for arranging a Student Visa (Entry Permit and Student Residence Visa) will begin.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +44 131 449 5111
University location: Campus The Avenue, Edinburgh EH14 4AS, United Kingdom