Applications are currently open for the Academic Scholarships administrated by the Henderson State University. The scholarships are available for applicants entering the university for any undergraduate degree program for the current academic year.
The University decided to offer these grants to support students in their academic career. The recipients will be able to acquire various scholarships funds according to their needs and qualifications. Students will be able to pay for their tuition, fees or books.
Henderson State University
Henderson State University is a public university in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. Founded in 1890 as Arkadelphia Methodist College, it is Arkansas’s only member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges. Henderson has an undergraduate enrollment of over 3,000 students. In October 2019, the Henderson State Board of Trustees voted unanimously to join the Arkansas State University System based in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The fellows must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- Open for incoming and transfer students.
- The application for undergraduate admission will serve as the scholarship application.
- To get considered, students must be admitted to the university.
- This includes applying for admission, official ACT/SAT scores, and an official transcript.
- Must have 3.5 or higher high school cumulative GPA
- Must include ACT 29 or higher
- Students must live in campus housing.
- To renew the scholarship, stduents must have completed 30 hours and maintained a cumulative 2.75 GPA at the end of each academic year
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for studying an undergraduate degree program in the mentioned fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Henderson State University?
Henderson State University includes a strong liberal arts heritage that is the base of more than 65 undergraduate and graduate programs, earning the university its status as Arkansas’s public liberal arts university.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Distinguished Freshman Scholarship worth $11,000 per year
- Presidential Scholarship worth $8,000 per year
- Eternal Holly Scholarship worth $6,500 per year
- Centurium Scholarship worth $5,000 per year
- Living Fountain Scholarship worth $4,500 per year
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, aspirants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students need to apply for the admission at the university to get consideration for the award. To get considered for an academic scholarship, stduents must submit your entire application packet (application, scores, transcript) before March 1.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellows must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.70 or 3.0 undergraduate GPA in the last 60 hours.
- A minimum GMAT score of 400* or Minimum GRE score of 470 Verbal/410 Quantitative
- A minimum GPA or GMAT index of 1000 (formula: GPA x 200 plus GMAT score equals index)
To remain in status as an international student, they must comply with mandatory regulations about your F-1 Visa. Students are responsible for knowing these regulations and for complying with them fully. In general, students must maintain the required amount of hours for their respective education level. They also must make sure that their I-20, passport, and I-94 are valid.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
Contact address: 800-228-7333
University location: 1100 Henderson St, Arkadelphia, AR 71999, United States