With the aim of bringing culture into medicine, Hektoen International is offering an excellent opportunity to participate in this essay writing contest. The contest honors the accomplishments of the Red Cross, locally, nationally, and globally.
In addition to this, Hektoen International is also exposing healthcare professionals to art, ethics, literature, history, anthropology, literature, philosophy, religion, and sociology.
Apply for it as soon as possible. All the Best!
The contest is open to candidates’ age of 18 years or older.
- The contest will consider essays on pioneers in haematology such as Herrick, Minot, Murphy, Whipple, or Landsteiner), the history of venesection, barber-surgeons, the use of leeches, and vampires.
- The essay must be unpublished and original, based on medicine to the humanities and the maximum word length is 1,600 on the subject of Blood.
- The essay must include at least one image, including a cover page and proper formatting of both text and images.
- The contest must be sent to via mail at contest @hektoeninternational.org within the given deadline.
- Essay submissions are to be sent as a Microsoft Word document by the author’s last name followed by the title.
- The winner will enjoy the benefits of $3000 and $800 for the runner up.
- The contest honors the achievements of the Red Cross, locally, nationally, and globally.
Application Deadline: 15 January 2020