Hawaiʻi Pacific University is accepting applications for its Undergraduate Merit Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022. The students who will be entering the university for the current academic year will be considered for the scholarship program.
Hawaiʻi Pacific University distributes various need-based and competitive awards to students who are in search of funds. The offered grants can be utilized towards their tuition fees for any undergraduate degree program at the university.
Hawaiʻi Pacific University
Hawaiʻi Pacific University is known as a private university in Honolulu and Kaneohe, Hawaiʻi. It is the largest private university in the central Pacific, most noted for its diverse student body of nearly 5,000 students, representing 65 countries. The school’s top academic programs are Business Administration, Nursing, Biology, Diplomacy and Military Studies, and Social Work.
The fellows must meet up with the mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to recent incoming newcomers and transfer students are automatically considered for all available merit scholarships at the time of admissions
- Full-time, degree-seeking, undergraduate freshman applicants will be considered for academic merit scholarships at the admission time based on intellectual abilities.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The grants are available for studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Hawaii Pacific University?
HPU is known as the largest private university in the central Pacific, most noted for its diverse student body of nearly about 5,000 students, representing 65 countries. The school’s top academic programs are Business Administration, Nursing, Biology, Diplomacy and Military Studies, and Social Work.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university will be offering its Academic merit scholarships, which will be applied towards tuition
- Continuing/returning students may acquire their Merit Scholarships in subsequent years based on the awards’ guidelines/restrictions.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students will require no separate application. Applicants need to apply for admission at the university in order to get considered for the scholarship. Students can apply through an online process for admission.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Fellows must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- The average GPA at Hawaii Pacific University is 3.5. With a GPA of 3.5, the University requires you to be around average in your high school class. Students will need a mix of A’s and B’s and very few C’s. If you have a lower GPA, you can compensate with more challenging courses like AP or IB classes.
If you are an international student with valid F-1 student status, you may accept employment in only specific situations. Any Off-Campus Employment outside of HPU must be authorized in advance by either an international student advisor or US citizenship and immigration services. Failure to obtain authorization before working is a serious immigration violation and may lead to your status termination.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 808-544-0200
University location: 1 Aloha Tower Dr, Honolulu, HI 96813, United States