La Trobe University is offering a limited number of Graduate Research International Scholarships in Australia. The scholarships are open to citizens of all countries, including Australia and New Zealand in session 2020-2021.
The program is open for full-time research Masters or PhD candidates. The University will offer preference to applicants who have at least the equivalent of a first-class honours degree at an Australian university or have been honoured abroad.
La Trobe University
La Trobe University is a public research university. It is one of the verdant Australian universities and also part of the Innovative Research Universities group. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses across its two colleges of Arts, Social Science and Commerce (ASSC) and Science, Health and Engineering (SHE). It is ranked in the world’s top 400 universities by all three major independent ranking agencies.
- The scholarships are open to citizens of all countries, including Australia and New Zealand.
- Applicant must have a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline by research standard of 70 or above.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor (Honours) degree, Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years where you achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects.
- Applicant’s degree must include:
- A research thesis of 15,000-20,000 words; or
- A written research component comprising at least 3/8 of one year or
- Applicant must be the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last ten years.
Eligible Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for studying the graduate degree by research in the following subject areas:
- Art & Design
- Arts & Social Sciences
- Built Environment
- Business School
Why Study at La Trobe University?
La Trobe University is also preparing students for future study and production. It provides an incentive for candidates to concentrate on developing particular skills through their needs and desires. It had as its goal to prepare students for a successful career and a better future.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarships will be awarded as follow:
- A La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half (3.5 years) years, with a value of $28,092 per annum (2020 rate).
- A fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University.
- Opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentship, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
For applying to this studentship, seekers are requested to take admission in the graduate degree program at La Trobe University. Applicant must identify a potential supervisor, send an enquiry using the University’s online enquiry method, indicating that for this scholarship, they wish to be considered. The University will pass this to the appropriate La Trobe member of staff.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate
- Transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Applicants are required to hold the previous degree certificates.
- If English is not your first language, studying with us will help you to satisfy the requirements of the English language.
- Applicant must meet the academic qualifications and requirements that are common.
A student visa (subclass 500) is a temporary visa which allows you to study at an Australian educational institution for a defined duration. You will need to apply for a course and accept the full offer. Otherwise, a Certificate of Enrolment (CoE) will be given to you, which you will otherwise use to apply for a student visa (subclass 500) online via the Department of Home Affairs website.
Application Deadline: According to the program
Contact email or phone number: firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1300 528 762
Postal address: Plenty Rd & Kingsbury Dr, Bundoora VIC 3086, Australia