Students looking forward to pursuing their higher studies in the UK have an opportunity to apply for the Global Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships. The program is arranged by the University of Dundee for aspirants applying for an undergraduate degree for 2021-2022.
The University of Dundee will be distributing enormous award amount to students with high academic records. The funds granted to the recipients will be used in covering up various tuition, fees, and other educational expenses.
University of Dundee
The University of Dundee is known as a public research university in Dundee, Scotland. In the three major 2020 university rankings in the UK , Dundee’s subject offerings in Dentistry, Forensic Science & Archaeology, Law, and Medicine rank within the top ten nationally. Anatomy & Physiology, Art, Biological Sciences, Business Management, Education, Fashion & Textiles, and Medical Technology rank within the top ten nationally in at least one of the rankings.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The applicants must be an international student.
- Students must hold an academic offer of entry for any undergraduate program in any of our academic schools, beginning in September 2021.
- If you are studying a School of Medicine or Dentistry program, these will be reviewed on an individual basis and will not be automatically awarded.
- Must hold International Fee status, as determined by the University;
- Must have achieved a UK AAB at A-Level (or above) or equivalent to this level at the university’s discretion.
- Must have achieved a UK BBB at A Level or equivalent to this level at the university’s discretion.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The offered scholarships are available for studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Forensic Anthropology
- Forensic and Medical Art, Architecture and Urban Planning, Art and Design,
- Biological/Biomedical Sciences, Biomedical Engineering
- Medical Imaging
- Business (Accountancy / Economics / Finance / International Business),
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering, Computing
- Applied Computing / Data Science / Data Engineering
- Electronic Engineering, Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy,
- Geography / Environmental Science
- Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Engineering
- Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- Physics, Politics and International Relations, Psychology, Social Work
Why study at the University of Dundee?
All the students at the University of Dundee can be assured that the standard of teaching is of high quality. Dundee’s students agree that teaching is of high quality. In the recent National Student Survey (2019), the University of Dundee was ranked in the top five in the UK for overall student satisfaction.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university is awarding automatic Global Excellence Scholarships of up to £25,000 to their most inspiring applicants. If you demonstrate excellence through your academic, extra-curricular, or voluntary activities, they want to reward you for it.
- The university has two levels of award, depending on your academic achievements.
- There is one more scholarship of amount £2,000 per year (up to £10,000)
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to the scholarships, students are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Eligible and interested applicants are asked to apply for admission at the university, as there is no separate application for the scholarships. Students receiving an undergraduate degree offer from the university will directly get considered for the scholarship program.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Students must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- A Bachelor’s degree score with a minimum of 60-70% or 3.0-3.49 from a well ranked public institution is considered comparable to a UK 2.1, while a score of 50-59% or 2.5-2.99 is considered comparable a UK 2.2. Entry requirements could be higher depending on the program you are applying for.
From 5 October, Tier 4 visas have replaced by the new Student Route. This will affect all overseas applications from 5 October, and EEA nationals from 1 January 2021. All overseas nationals who are willing to enter the UK must satisfy the immigration officer at the port of arrival that they meet the UK immigration regulations requirements, so it is important to sort this out before you travel.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +44 1382 383000
University location: Nethergate, Dundee DD1 4HN, United Kingdom