Applications for the Global Excellence Scholarship are currently open to apply. Aston University has designed this scholarship for students from all over the world who will be entering the university in September 2021 or January 22 for any undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
Each year, Aston University invests in its student’s educational career through several academic and financial aids program. The granted funds will help the recipients in covering up their studies related expenditure.
Aston University is known as a public research university located in the city centre of Birmingham, England. Aston began as the Birmingham Municipal Technical School in 1895, evolving into the UK’s first College of Advanced Technology in 1956. Aston University has been ranked in the top 30 UK institutions in the 2021 Guardian University Guide.
The fellows must go through the given eligibility section to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to all international students who will apply to study any undergraduate or full-time postgraduate programme starting in September 2021 or January 2022 will be automatically considered for the scholarship.
- Aston University welcomes students from all backgrounds. They take pride in our diverse student body, who come from all over the world and from a wide range of social and educational experiences. The Scholarships will be awarded to students with strong academic backgrounds and English language levels.
- Candidates to all undergraduate courses except for Medicine are eligible for this scholarship.
- Candidates to all full-time 1-year postgraduate taught courses are eligible for this scholarship (except for the MBA).
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The grants are available for studying an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Aston University?
Aston holds itsss name for offering UK leading degree apprenticeships and work-based study. A degree apprenticeship is a new way to get the experience students’ need. Put, student work and study throughout their degree in their chosen field. Students’ employer and the government pay their fees.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university will distribute scholarships of between £2,000 and £5,000 are available for students starting in September 2021 and January 2022.
- These scholarships can be utilized towards their tuition, fees, books and other expenses.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, aspirants are asked to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To apply for the scholarship, applicants need to apply for their chosen course at Aston University, and they will automatically be considered for the scholarship. The university don’t require a written application statement; they will assess students’ eligibility based on their course application, previous academic background and English language level.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Aspirant must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Student must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- GCSE Mathematics, English Language and a science at grade C or above are also required; equivalent qualifications are considered. Candidate with non-standard academic backgrounds may be invited for an informal interview by the Admissions Tutor.
If students are planning to do any of the following full-time courses at Aston University and they are an EU/EEA (Except Irish Nationals) national who did not enter the UK before 31st December 2020, or a non-EU/EEA overseas national, they will require a Student visa. The type of visa students need will usually be confirmed once they have applied for your course at Aston. If you have been advised to get a Visitor Visa for study, please refer to this page.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +44 121 204 3000
University location: Aston St, Birmingham B4 7ET, United Kingdom