Unlock your potential with the Global Corners International Student Recruitment and Retention Scholarship offered by the Division of Global Engagement. Both current and new deserving international applicants can apply for the scholarship program.
The applications are open for international students who are enrolling or will enrol in the undergraduate or graduate degree program the academic year 2020-2021 at the University of Oregon.
Founded in 1876, the University of Oregon is a public research university that provides inspiring educational opportunities within the classroom and beyond. The university is known for its research expertise and commitment to the academic world.
- Candidates must be in good academic standing and hold valid F-1 or J-1 immigration status.
- Both undergraduate and graduate international students are eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
Benefits of the Program
- The educational program provides financial aid of US $ 45,000 ($ 15,000 per quarter, none of the award funds are distributed during the summer term).
- The award is renewable beyond the first award year with a maximum of 12 quarters for undergraduate students and eight quarters for graduate students.
English Language Requirement
Applicants, who don’t have English as their native language must submit standardized language test scores.
- To participate in this opportunity, the applicant must get in one of the undergraduate or graduate degree coursework at the university through the common application, coalition application or Oregon application.
- The student applicant is responsible for preparing all necessary documents and sending them to the Division of Global Engagement by mail or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be a competitive aspirant for admission to the UO, the candidate must have a minimum B average or a 3.00-grade point average (GPA) out of 4.00 scale admission requirements of the university.
- The applicant must maintain valid academic and immigration status under applicable UO academic and federal immigration rules, guidelines and policies of US.
The applicant needs to have the following documents or the admission:
- Student’s Application Statement with the description of capacity for academic excellence, campus contribution and commitment to meeting global challenges.
- The student should hold all the academic transcripts from the University of Oregon or Most Recent Academic Institution
- Applicant must have two letters of recommendation that provide a high level of support to the student’s application for the Global Corner Scholarship.
- Applicants need to submit supplementary information such as a resume / CV, copies of awards/honours given, copies of admissions applications, and other documents that may help to inform the Global Corners scholarship committee’s decision-making process.
- All application materials must be received by 5 pm Pacific Time on March 1, 2020. Submissions can be made through the mail, fax, or e-mail (to email@example.com).
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020