To honour the deserving and excellent international students, the University of Tennessee is introducing its Global Ambassador Scholarship Program for 2021. This program is conducted for incoming first-year students entering the university.
Every year the University of Tennessee invests in students’ educational careers to help them acquire quality education. The University will be distributing various funds, which will be significant enough for covering any of the educational expenses.
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
The University of Tennessee is a public land-grant research university located in Knoxville, Tennessee. Founded in 1794, two years before Tennessee became the 16th state, it is the University of Tennessee system’s flagship campus, with ten undergraduate colleges and eleven graduate colleges. It hosts more than 28,000 students from all 50 states and more than 100 foreign countries. It is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity”.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to incoming first-year international students (non-resident visa holders who will not graduate from a US high school) with a minimum 3.0 GPA will be automatically considered for this institutional scholarship.
- Applicants must enrol on the fall semester immediately following their high school graduation. Students who meet the criteria for consideration will represent UT as a Global Ambassador and carry out Volunteer activities orchestrated through UT’s International Recruitment.
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) and good academic standing
- Maintain full-time enrollment throughout each semester
- Must commit to being a UT Global Ambassador and adhere to the program requirements
- Must serve as an example of the Volunteer spirit as a positive peer resource for prospective international students
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the University of Tennessee?
The University of Tennessee is a public research institution in Knoxville, one of the state’s largest cities, and is the state school’s flagship campus. It has more than 40 fraternities and sororities for students to join. The UT sports teams are known as the Vols and the Lady Vols, short for Volunteers.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
|UT Converted & Weighted Core GPA||Annual Award||Four-Year Award Amount|
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Applicants interested in applying for the scholarship are advised to apply for admission at the university to get considered. Students must apply through an online process for admisison through the given link below.
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship
After completing the admission process electronically, students then need to submit a separate application for the scholarship. Students will get access to the scholarship form after completing the admission form.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from the prior school
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Recommendation letters (academic, professional, or personal)
- Supporting statement
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum in which you studied.
- The required minimum weighted core GPA is 3.5 and an ACT of 25 (or SAT ERW+M of 1220).
Before entering the United States, an international student or scholar must have a passport issued by their government. The person must also apply for a US entry visa at a US embassy or consulate to enter the United States. Canadian citizens are not required to have US visas inside their passports. The visa application will require, among other things, a visa document (Form I-20 or DS-2019) issued by ISSS and documents showing financial support while at the University of Tennessee.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
Contact address: 865-974-1111 or email [email protected]
University location: Knoxville, TN 37996, United States