All the students who are willing to study in Belgium must take a look over the beneficial Top-up Grants Programs organized by Ghent University. The scholarships are open for students entering the university for their Master’s degree for the academic year 2021-2022.
The grants are designed to assist students in their educational path and lower their financial burdens. The funds will allow recipients to pay for their expenses related to their higher studies and living costs.
Ghent University works as a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium. It is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. The university’s 11 faculties provide more than 200 courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains. Ghent University Global Campus is also the first European university located in Songdo, South Korea.
The applicant must meet up the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Applicants from all countries on the OESO-DAC list can apply
- Must be candidates who wish to obtain a master’s degree at Ghent University.
- In 2020 the call will only be open for new students applying for a master or master-after-master program taught in English.
- You have to have a bachelor’s degree when applying for a Master’s program.
- You have to have a Master’s degree when applying for a Master-after-Master program.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are availableto studying a masters degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Ghent University?
Ghent University is active in ERASMUS Mundus and other international education schemes, thus actively attracting international students. The university counts 12% of international students (and 39% of international PhD students!). They assist their graduates in the transition to their professional life through several career support initiatives. Furthermore, their alumni become part of our UGent community and enjoy their alumni services.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Each year, ten scholarships can be awarded.
- The scholarship fee consists of:
- Allowance of € 1000 per month.
- All-in insurance (health, civil liability, repatriation)
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to these scholarships, applicants are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
The students interested in applying for the scholarship must apply for admission first at the university. The applying procedure includes providing your required information through an online process. Applicants applying for admission will automatically be considered for the program.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Candidates must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- You completed secondary education in your home country.
- You have been studying higher education in your home country.
- Depending on the language of instruction of the program you want to study, you need to prove proficiency in Dutch or English.
When submitting a visa application at an embassy or consulate, upon entry into Belgium or if subject to a check-in Belgium, all foreign nationals who are not EU citizen wishing to come to Belgium whether or not they require a visa must, before entry to Belgium and any short stay in the country.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
Contact address: +32 9 331 01 01
University location: Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 33, 9000 Gent, Belgium