Are you worried about the high cost of education to study abroad? If yes, then you have an opportunity to apply for the Germany Scholarship at Heidelberg University. The applications will be acceptable from incoming students applying for any degree program for 2021.
The Heidelberg University introduced the scholarship with the Federal Government’s support to offer high-achieving and committed students adequate funds. Recipients can utilize these grants for any educational purposes.
Heidelberg University is known as a public research university located in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Established in 1386 on the instruction of Pope Urban VI, Heidelberg is Germany’s oldest university and one of the world’s oldest surviving universities. It was the third university established in the Holy Roman Empire.
The applicant must meet up with the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to new students who have applied for a study at Heidelberg University for the starting of the funding period or those who have already enrolled Advanced-semester or master’s students who have applied to or enrolled at Heidelberg University for the starting of the funding period
- Students who are enrolled at Heidelberg University (except for short-term students, doctoral students, students in the introductory induction German course or the preparatory course (Studienkolleg)).
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The awards are open to studying any degree program in the mentioned fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Heidelberg University?
With over 160 study programs, Heidelberg provides a spectrum of subject combinations nearly unparalleled within Germany. This unique range creates an optimal setting for individualised and interdisciplinary studies. The University’s twelve faculties, including the two medical faculties in Heidelberg and Mannheim, boast a total enrolment of about 30,000 students.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The award amount of the scholarship is 300 euros per month, half of which is offered by funds raised by the university. The other half of the total amount of 3,600 euros per year is provided by the Federal Government.
- This scholarship will help the recipients cover their tuition fees for any of the university’s respective courses.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, applicants are needed to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
All applications must be provided via electronic and written form. Students can apply online by using the respective application form via a link on this website, in due course. The application is usually made for a funding period of two semesters.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- For new undergraduate students in their second subject-related semester, the record of their university entrance qualification; foreign certificates require a copy of the original certificate, an official translation in German or English, and if available, also a conversion to the German grading system, one copy each,
- If available, also a copy of the first university diploma that include the final grade, or if not yet available, a copy of a temporary certificate of the last step. Certifications of foreign universities require a copy of the original certificate, an official translation in German or English, and if available, a conversion to the German grading system, one copy each (if you don’t have a modification to the German grading system, please submit only your diploma incl. an official translation.
- One copy each of verification of recognised activities per § 6 (2) voluntary engagement, completed voluntary internships, completed professional training, study-accompanying employment, prizes, awards, or other unique family or personal circumstances to be taken into consideration in the selection process according to § 6 (2)
- A current enrolment certificate for the upcoming winter semester or a copy of the notification of admission for the upcoming winter semester
- For applicants in their third subject-related semester (at the time of the start of the application period) or higher, submit proof of their current performance, current date: Usually, the overall grade average is provided by submitting performance records (e.g. transcript of records, an overview of grades).
- Fellows must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellows must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- Online application online or through the CommonApp.
- A copy of your passport.
- A copy of your secondary school (high school) records.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- ACT/SAT scores (optional)
- Personal statement and recommendation letters (optional)
When applying for a visa, students will have to present their letter of admission or an official document stating that they have used for access at Heidelberg University and proof of sufficient funds to pay for their studies and living expenses in Germany. EU and EEA nationals do not need a visa and can apply for a certificate of freedom of mobement (Freizügigkeitsbescheinigung”) with the local foreigners’ registration office.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: 0049 – (0) 6221 – 54 33 93
University location: Grabengasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany