Biola University is ecstatic to announce its Freshman Academic Scholarship for students willing to study in the UK. The applications are available for studying any undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at the university for the academic year 2021-2022.
There will be several scholarships offered by the university according to the student’s need and qualification. The grant holder will be able to pay for their educational purposes, including tuition, fees, books, etc.
Biola University is known as a private evangelical Christian university located in La Mirada, California. Founded in 1908 in Los Angeles, the university has over 150 programs of study in nine schools. The university offers forty-seven undergraduate majors, eighty concentrations, and excess to one hundred fifty professional study fields. Degrees offered include B.A., B.S., B.M., B.F.A., M.A., M.B.A., M.Div., Th.M., D.Min., D.Miss., Psy.D., Ed.D., and PhD
The aspirants must meet up with the mentioned eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The aspirants must be an international student.
- Eligibility will be based on the student’s unweighted final high school GPA and SAT or ACT scores.
- Continuous, full-time enrollment is expected to receive a total scholarship amount. If students choose to enrol as a part-time student, their scholarship will be prorated based on their total credit count (9–11 credits will receive 75% of the scholarship, and 6–8 credits will receive 50% of the scholarship).
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for studying any degree program in the mentioned fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at Biola University?
Biola University is also nationally ranked Christian university within beautiful Southern California. Founded in 1908, Biola offers biblically-centred education, intentional spiritual development and vocational preparation in a unique learning community where all faculty, staff, and students profess Christians.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- President’s — $20,000
- Provost’s — $19,000
- Dean’s — $18,000
- Eagle’s — $15,000
- Founder’s Grant — $10,000
- The scholarship is renewable annually (when a minimum GPA is maintained).
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, students are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
No separate application required is required to apply for the scholarship. The Office of Admissions will award these scholarship to eligible students upon acceptance into Biola University. Students need to apply for admission at the university to get considered.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Applicants must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- Fellows must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country or curriculum you studied.
- The average GPA at the University is 3.32. with a GPA of 3.32, The University accepts below-average students.
- It’s ok to be a B-average student, with some A’s mixed in. If student’s GPA is at or below the school average of 3.32, they will need a higher SAT or ACT score to compensate.
Admitted international candidates need to obtain an F-1 visa to be able to study at the university. After these documents are verified, an I-20 visa document will be generated. Students have to check and sign their I-20 form and pay the SEVIS fee. After this, the student has to apply for an F-1 visa and pay the required visa fee. After that, the student will be asked for an interview at the nearest U.S embassy.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
Contact address: (562) 903-4752/ [email protected]
University location: 13800 Biola Ave, La Mirada, CA 90639, United States